cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speaking to UK based call centre

Grumpyscot
Tuning in

At the end of my tether. Ten calls, seven hours on the phone, four months without proper TV, many missed appointments and no one call has moved my issue along. Can I speak to someone in the UK with the power to do more than read to me stuff I can get on the website

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Grumpyscot wrote:

At the end of my tether. Ten calls, seven hours on the phone, four months without proper TV

It's the first time you've posted on here about it, so can you explain what the problem is?

The more info you can give about the problems you're having, the better help you're likely to get on here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks. So pixelated picture since December. Several engineer visits (as this is the stock response to calling in) two have identified cabling in the street. Several appointments to fix the cable all have failed to actually do any work

every time I call I get someone in the Philippines or India. Have made several complaints all of which get cancelled out without consultation with the answer “an engineer has been booked to visit”. 

despite the mention of case management and senior manager review no one in the call centre will connect you to someone who is empowered to do anything more than book an engineer and offer a discount if I sign up to a new contract. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I wouldn't say an engineer visit is the "stock answer" to calling in, but it is the correct answer when there's no recognised fault and remote diagnostics fail to resolve an issue. In that instance, "boots on the ground" is the best fix.

Equally - the VM staff on this board should have visibility of your account notes, so can probably tell what's been tried already here and what the next step is. I don't have that luxury, but it sounds potentially like a cable re-pull could be needed. This is where the drop-cable from your home to streetcab needs replacing, and unfortunately - for various reasons - this is not always a quick process.

Personally, I think the complaints process is useless for progressing this - that's good for service-related issues, but this is a fault that needs resolving. If nothing else, complaints come with a 28day SLA which when your fault is live and affecting service, that's no good.

It's also possible that 1) Your fault needs escalating within VM Networks, and somehow, that is falling between the cracks, or 2) You have multiple faults, each of which only get identified when the previous one is cleared.

If you wait around here for a day or so, VM staff should pick this thread up and hopefully give the necessary "kick up the rear"..

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Grumpyscot

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I'm going to drop you a private message now to investigate further, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for this. In the end contract cancellation helped escalate the issue as a uk call centre called me to ask me to stay

other (more tedious) option is to keep phoning in, hang up when you get the international call centres, try again. Repeat until you speak to someone in the UK. Took me six attempts but the uk staff member was able to clearly resolve. 

cable pull planned for 19 Apr, 4 months after fault was reported

Thank you for letting us know @Grumpyscot and I am glad to hear that you have now had some progress on this.

Are you able to let us know how things are looking after this appointment? 

Thank you.