Menu
oldukmale
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Soundbar via Tivo Remote

I have a Hitachi axs014btu soundbar. I have tried the various suggestions to find the volume code without success. Does anyone kniw the code.

Many thanks

Alex

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Soundbar via Tivo Remote

Hello oldmanuk

Thank you for raising this via the forum, 

The simplest way to programme your Virgin TV V6 remote to work with your AV device is by searching for the correct code.

1. Make sure your AV device and your TiVo box are switched on
  2. Press and hold down Clear and Volume Down at the same time until the light on top of the remote flashes green twice
  3. Enter the code bto access the AV device code database – the LED will flash green twice
  4. Point the remote at your AV device and press channel up repeatedly until a code mutes the volume for the device – the LED will flash green each time a code is sent
  5. When the volume turns off, press Mute to turn the volume back on
  6. Press Volume Up / Down and Mute to check that the remote is working with your device. If it doesn’t work, continue to search using Channel Up until the next code turns off the volume, and repeat steps and 6
  7. When the Volume and Mute keys work, press OK to store the code. The LED will then flash green twice

If you reach the end of the code database, the light on top of the remote will give an extended red flash and exit programming mode.

If you think you’ve missed the code, you can work backwards through the code database by pressing the channel down button at any time.

Rob

0 Kudos
oldukmale
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the reply.

Couple of minor things, on holding vol down and clear buttons I get a red light flash once and no green light. Also what is bto?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@oldukmale wrote:

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the reply.

Couple of minor things, on holding vol down and clear buttons I get a red light flash once and no green light. Also what is bto?

Thanks

"bto" is a typo in the Help page text that has been copied-and-pasted here (I will notify VM of the error on the help page)

I believe it should say code 1999, below is that section copied with the correction as well as the follow-on section about programming it directly (which I prefer, if you can find the code in the database, as then if you ever need to re-do it you can do so without searching again).

The database of codes is in the PDF linked to here.

-----------

Programming your remote using a code search

The simplest way to programme your Virgin TV V6 remote to work with your AV device is by searching for the correct code.

1. Make sure your AV device and your TiVo box are switched on
  2. Press and hold down Clear and Volume Down at the same time until the light on top of the remote flashes green twice
  3. Enter the code 1999 to access the AV device code database – the LED will flash green twice
  4. Point the remote at your AV device and press channel up repeatedly until a code mutes the volume for the device – the LED will flash green each time a code is sent
  5. When the volume turns off, press Mute to turn the volume back on
  6. Press Volume Up / Down and Mute to check that the remote is working with your device. If it doesn’t work, continue to search using Channel Up until the next code turns off the volume, and repeat steps and 6
  7. When the Volume and Mute keys work, press OK to store the code. The LED will then flash green twice

If you reach the end of the code database, the light on top of the remote will give an extended red flash and exit programming mode.

If you think you’ve missed the code, you can work backwards through the code database by pressing the channel down button at any time.

Programming your remote using a device code

You can also programme the correct code into your remote from the device code list.

1. Make sure your AV device and your Virgin TV V6 box are switched on
  2. Find your make of AV device and the 4 digit code(s) that match it here. If there‘s more than one code for your AV device, try the codes in the order listed
  3. Press and hold down Clear and press Volume Up at the same time, until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice
  4. Enter the four digit code for your AV device's make from the list. The LED should then flash green twice. This shows you’ve entered a valid code
  5. Press Volume Up / Down and Mute to check that the remote is working. If not, repeat the steps above using a different code for your AV device from the list

-----------

Keith

Superuser1718.png

0 Kudos
oldukmale
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi again,

I found a list of vm codes and tried them without any joy.

When I try your other suggestion and after putting 1999 in and hit the channel button the TV turns of.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@oldukmale wrote:

Hi again,

I found a list of vm codes and tried them without any joy.

When I try your other suggestion and after putting 1999 in and hit the channel button the TV turns of.

Does the instruction at Step 2 work (i.e. the remote lights flash green twice after holding [not just pressing] the 'Clear' and 'Vol Down' buttons at the same time)?

Have you also setup your remote to control your TV?

If you want to control your TV and an AV device then you should setup the TV first, followed by the AV device.

All the instructions (including the "bto" typo!) are at the link below - noting that the TV setup is initiated by holding 'Clear' and 'TV' and a uses a different code for starting the search (0999):

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-using-tv-remote#tab1

Keith

Superuser1718.png

0 Kudos
oldukmale
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I just noticed that if I hold the vol button down and clear I just get the red light flash. I have to hold vol up then I get 2 green flashes, I put the vol tv code 0141 the green light flashes every time. (Toshiba TV). When I hold vol up and clear and press channel up the TV goes of.

I found a VM list of Hitachi codes and using vol up and clear but no joy.

Thsnks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@oldukmale wrote:

Hi,

I just noticed that if I hold the vol button down and clear I just get the red light flash. I have to hold vol up then I get 2 green flashes, I put the vol tv code 0141 the green light flashes every time. (Toshiba TV). When I hold vol up and clear and press channel up the TV goes of.

I found a VM list of Hitachi codes and using vol up and clear but no joy.

Thsnks

You're right!  I think that's probably another typo in the same help info! Smiley Mad

In the lower text for "Programming your remote using a device code" it says Clear + Vol Up (step 3), but in the upper text for "Programming your remote using a code search" it incorrectly says Clear + Vol Down!

I'll flag that to VM too!

As for getting your's working - if the specific Hitachi device code doesn't work for your soundbar and you've done the full search (using Clear + Vol Up, then code 1999, then Chan Up to cycle through the possible codes) then unfortunately your's may be a soundbar that isn't supported by the VM remote.

Keith

Superuser1718.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
oldukmale
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks

0 Kudos
oldukmale
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I made an error I have a v6 box, had anyone got the code or know how to find the code for a Hitachi sound bar.

Thanks

0 Kudos