cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound cuts out at weekends!

EmmaLu80
Tuning in

Saturday night, watching a popular show such as Strictly, Ant n Dec, Celebrity GMOH, and the sound goes. Tried popping back in but then just stays off. Soooo frustrating as only family time together and it’s always on a weekend evening!!  

any help gratefully received as working long shifts unable to make a call and be on hold to Virgin. Tried off n on, but not sure what else can do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What do you mean by "tried popping back in"?

Are you saying the sound stops while you're watching the channel live? Or are you watching a recording?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What do you mean by "tried popping back in"?

Are you saying the sound stops while you're watching the channel live? Or are you watching a recording?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for taking the time to answer my message. It cuts out whilst watching live television. It will cut out for 20/30 seconds then come back intermittently, and then completely cut out. Turned onto standby and back on - no sound any channels. Turned off at plug, when back in sound for around a minute then cuts out. On all occasions, turning off and coming back to it  in an hour sorted the problem but obviously very inconvenient. Never happened in catch up or Netflix/prime channels. 
thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Instinctively, I'd want to check the HDMI leads & TV port first.. just to rule them out.

However, given this doesn't affect OnDemand or streaming...

1: Is this problem only on particular channels, in which case which ones? Including SD/HD?

2: Presuming you're recording these same programmes as well - does the same problem happen on the recording? How about if you pause the live programme and watch it slightly delayed?

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @EmmaLu80

Welcome to our Community Help Forums 🙂 Thank you for making your first post regarding the sound issues you have been experiencing on certain channels, I would like to apologise for any frustration this has caused.

I have checked our systems to run diagnostics on your TV box, please can you let me know if  the power button on the front of the box lit white?

Have you tried recording the shows and watching them back - does the sound issue still happen on the recordings?

Best wishes,

Serena