Menu
Highlighted
ekg
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sound Fluctuations.

Is anyone else having sound fluctuations on BBC1 or is it just me and time to get my tv looked at? It's only happened on BBC 1 with Eastenders and Silent witness and everything else and all other channels have been fine. I was just wondering if any others have had an issue?

Shoop shoop ba-doops, Shoop ba-doop, Shoop ba-doop ba-doop Ba-doop.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sound Fluctuations.

I noticed this too but it must be a BBC issue as I was watching it through BBC iPlayer on my iMac - no involvement of the Virgin Media TV service.

ekg
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Ernie_C,

I had a feeling it couldn't be my tv. quite yet but you never know?! Plus it's only happened on BBC1, it sounds like it's dropping it's HD on and off as there is a definite difference in tone as well as the volume....... I'm just glad it's not the t.v I have to get looked at!  Smiley Surprised

Cheers Ernie_C you're a star

Shoop shoop ba-doops, Shoop ba-doop, Shoop ba-doop ba-doop Ba-doop.
0 Kudos
howellrees
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes I've been having same issue. First call to VM said it was a broadcaster issue but not very specific. Said it would be fixed in 10 -12 hours. Second call advised changing audio settings on Tivo to be Dolby Digital to PCM. Worked at the time but problem still there. Very intermittent but anoying!
rlockett
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

We are having the same problem. I thought that it was the TV sound card at fault in the first instance. However we have two VM boxes, a TIVO and a normal box. HD audio on both boxes fluctuates and it seems to be oy BBC 1 HD transmissions. Changed to basic BBC 1 transmission and the audio appears to be okay. Whether it's a BBC or WM issue, in my book it's a VM matter to resolve as my contract for a reliable HD TV transmission is with them.
0 Kudos
egansmind
Dialled in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

We had the same issue watching a recording of Graham Norton on BBC last night
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting on the community.

I can see there are a number of people reporting the same problem so there may of been a fault at the time.

If anyone's still experiencing issues with BBC then please let me know.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
howellrees
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose

Yes still having problems. Seems to be a BBC One HD issue. Worse sometimes than others.

0 Kudos
rlockett
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes, we still have the problem. Sound rises and falls when watching BBC 1 HD programs. Even recordings are affected. Very annoying.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi howellrees and rlockett,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have looked into this and it seems to be an issue with BBC as this is happening on multiple devices.

It seems to be intermittent but until this has been fully resolved I can only apologise for any inconvenience it's causing.

We'll update the community with any updates.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide