Menu
SmurfyMurphy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Sorting recordings by series

Recently I had to have my old TiVo box replaced, and now on the new box, I have lost the ability to sort my recordings by series, for example I am recording Taskmaster on Dave and they are showing a couple of series at the same time. I used to be able to sort by series and episode, but my current choices are date or alphabetically. The new box is just a newer version of my old TiVo box. Is there any way I can change the settings? Or will VM bring this back?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sorting recordings by series

Are you sure that wasn't just coincidence that they were listed in series order, but actually they were ordered by episode names and/or date they were recorded?

I ask this because the TiVo and the V6 have effectively the same software and the same functionality (at least in this area).

The Yellow button allows you to select between "sort by alphabetical order" or "sort by date recorded" and that's the same on both boxes.

To check I wasn't imagining this I just looked at the V6 and TiVo manuals online, and the TiVo manual from 2016 says these are the only two options for sorting.

https://assets.virginmedia.com/help/assets/documents/Virgin_TV_V6_user_guide.pdf

https://my.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virgoBrowse/docs/TiVo_quick_guide.pdf

However, it is possible to delve into the options on an episode/series and choose "Episode guide" from the menu at the bottom and then you can see all series/years to see available episodes, but I don't think this is really what you're asking for.

Keith

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
SmurfyMurphy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sorting recordings by series

Thanks for the reply.

No, sort by series was definitely a choice under the yellow button when you're looking at the episode list.

I have just looked to double check that it is the yellow button, and the sort by series has come back as an option! It definitely wasn't there yesterday, when I posted the question. Perhaps it was a glitch in my TiVo box that has corrected itself.

0 Kudos