cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social broadband

haztaz2504
Joining in

Can you only get the £15 a month social broadband if you’re getting Universal Credit or does it apply to other benefits as well ?? 
I

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @haztaz2504 

At present it's only available to those claiming Universal Credit. Hopefully that will change in the future.

Virgin have agreed to join a new government scheme which starts on Monday to make it easier for customers and the ISP's to verify eligible customers. Full info about the checking process <<< here >>> 

It would be great if VM could include people on other benefits but nothing has been announced so far.

Just to add, I see you have a TIVO box, anybody switching to VM's Essential Broadband service would lose both their phone line and TV services.

Info below from the /register-for-essential-broadband/form page.

"I am aware that Essential broadband is a broadband-only service, and that if I currently have a Virgin Media package which includes TV and a phone line these services will be disconnected."

EDIT - It might be worthwhile speaking to VM and trying to negotiate a new deal on your current package, as well as looking at the Social tarifs from other providers.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @haztaz2504 

At present it's only available to those claiming Universal Credit. Hopefully that will change in the future.

Virgin have agreed to join a new government scheme which starts on Monday to make it easier for customers and the ISP's to verify eligible customers. Full info about the checking process <<< here >>> 

It would be great if VM could include people on other benefits but nothing has been announced so far.

Just to add, I see you have a TIVO box, anybody switching to VM's Essential Broadband service would lose both their phone line and TV services.

Info below from the /register-for-essential-broadband/form page.

"I am aware that Essential broadband is a broadband-only service, and that if I currently have a Virgin Media package which includes TV and a phone line these services will be disconnected."

EDIT - It might be worthwhile speaking to VM and trying to negotiate a new deal on your current package, as well as looking at the Social tarifs from other providers.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali