Tuning in

Is Samsung UE40T5300TV Smart Full HD HDR compatible with virgin media tivo box

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @mantone 

You can connect your smart TV to the Tivo's HDMI port.

It might be an idea to consider switching to a V6 box though if you have broadband with VM as the Tivo can't display UHD content whereas the V6 can.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

BillBudd
Superfast

Hi,

I can't see why it wouldn't be.  Provided it has an HDMI input.  Is there something particular you are worried about?  I've had two samsung smart TV's and neither have been any problem.

Bill

I do not work for VM. Services: 2 x HD TV (+ Sky Sports, BT sport), x2 Tivo boxes (WiFi) Hub5 1gb, Talk Weekend Phone on IP, o2 Mobile SIM on iPhone, unlimited data, texts & minutes.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @mantone 

You can connect your smart TV to the Tivo's HDMI port.

It might be an idea to consider switching to a V6 box though if you have broadband with VM as the Tivo can't display UHD content whereas the V6 can.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Bill

I am looking to purchase a 40" Samsung Smart TV, and was just wondering if it would be compatible with VM, as it has many free features included.

Ant

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As others have said, the only compatibility issue is that your TiVo has an HDMI output which will connect to your TV.

The TiVo is quite an old box though, and it doesn't support 4K/UHD which the newer V6 does. The V6 runs the same TiVo-software as you're used to, but needs VM home broadband to work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks