cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky sports upgrade

Snorlax
Just joined

Hi!

I recently upgraded my TV package to include sky sports. However the channels still don't work on my TV; I am able to watch on the sky sports app on my phone okay but would really like to be able to watch on my big TV. I've tried restarting the box.

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

One of two things is likely the cause here..

1: Firstly Sky Sports only comes in SD as standard, and EPG positions 501-510 are for HD. Unless you're paying the HD-supplement, check for the SD channels in 511-520

2: If the SD channels are also missing, then follow Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels. Your TV Guide should re-synch with your package.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

One of two things is likely the cause here..

1: Firstly Sky Sports only comes in SD as standard, and EPG positions 501-510 are for HD. Unless you're paying the HD-supplement, check for the SD channels in 511-520

2: If the SD channels are also missing, then follow Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels. Your TV Guide should re-synch with your package.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the quick response! I feel so silly now, I didn't realise the first page listed in the EPG were all HD like you suggested. All I had to do was keep scrolling! 🙂 Thanks again.

Hello Snorlax,

At least you know now and don't feel silly. 

All you need to do now is make sure you find the time to watch the TV.

Gareth_L