cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky red button not working

Claire1871
Joining in

Sky sports red button is not loading football matches again! The message says ‘ channel unavailable,

64 REPLIES 64

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@nsay wrote:

… Picture quality was dreadful for my game but better on one or two of the others. I was probably naive in expecting UHD for main games?? Fortunately there is an option to pay extra for what had been a standard feature on my old sky box. Still some work to do for virgin if they want to retain me after my contract expires…

Unfortunately, with Virgin as a reseller it comes down to what Sky choose to offer third parties. The HD/UHD supplements are a Sky imposed charge, as are the satellite driven Red Button services, which are far worse quality than the Broadband driven service they give their own customers.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

HI had the virgin engineer out here yesterday, he  agreed its down to the outdated Tivo box, our next problem we have business broadband and he told us the V360 or V6 box will not work with internet via business broadband. We did not know that. Residential broadband is now the same as Business broadband (same speeds) so we will have to go back to normal home broadband. Wished we had never got business broadband. Caused so many issues when things go wrong.

So Monday we will have to ring Virgin and go back to Home broadband then try and sign up for a new package that supplies home broadband and a new V6 or V360 box.

This is turning into an epic just trying to get the sky red button to work.

Hi there @Rockridge189 

We are so sorry to hear that this issue is harder to resolve than we would like but thank you so much for updating us. 

Please do let us know how the call goes with the team when you do reach out. 

Thanks again

Hi all now we have upgraded to the latest 360 box the sky sports red button is now working fine.

So it would appear anyone with the old tivo box you need to get it swapped out for the latest 360 box.

One other thing I had an email from Virgin saying you don't need to return your old equipment.. Then a few days later another email arrived saying we want the old equipment back.. They sent out some bags to package up the old equipment which I then had to drop of the old equipment at a Yodel collection point.

At a shop about 3 miles away. But its now all working ok, turns out it was an epic, this could have been resolved much easier.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Rockridge189 wrote:

Hi all now we have upgraded to the latest 360 box the sky sports red button is now working fine.

So it would appear anyone with the old tivo box you need to get it swapped out for the latest 360 box.

That is what sales would like you to think. In reality you could still stay with TiVO firmware & have a V6 box installed. At the moment migration to the Horizon (V360) TV platform is a voluntary change, even with a new contract.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nsay
Tuning in

Further to previous posts.. following a power outage the red button stopped working again on my 360. I guess I'll have to do multiple reboots again until it kicks in 😞

Hi nsay, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that there is an issue with the red button. 

Did the reboot fix things? Has this happened since posting? 

Kind regards, Chris.

GREENi3
Settling in

Same as all the other posts on here. Red button on virgin is dreadful. We pay for this and nothing gets fixed

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi GREENi3 

I've just switched from the UHD showing to Sky Sports Football and the red button is working on that channel without any problems on my 360 box.

On the Tivo and V6 after presssing the red button you should then press the i for info button and then select the match  you want to see

Anyone using the 360 should press red button and then the context (3 dots) menu button.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

nsay
Tuning in

Quite shocking how long this issue has been going without any sign of a genuine solution. I had to reboot my box prior to a game last week. I was able to watch the game but the picture quality was ridiculously bad. Same again last night. Players were unrecognisable. Is there any plan to fix this or are virgin content to let their customers put up with it?