cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky red button not working

Claire1871
Joining in

Sky sports red button is not loading football matches again! The message says ‘ channel unavailable,

64 REPLIES 64

I get the same thing, never been able to get games that are on red button!! goes the the screen where you can pick games but then just stops and goes back to the game that is on and not red button games!!!!

and yes have done a factory reset!!

I have got it working thanks to below post

I've just tested on my 360 and it's working on 503 Sky Sports Football, both matches are avaiable.

On the V6 after presssing the red button you should then press the i for info button and then seelct the match  you want to see

Anyone using the 360 should press red button and then the context (3 dots) menu button.

Just to add my voice to say this is STILL not working after what... five months?

Awful "service"

try this

I've just tested on my 360 and it's working on 503 Sky Sports Football, both matches are avaiable.

On the V6 after presssing the red button you should then press the i for info button and then seelct the match  you want to see

Anyone using the 360 should press red button and then the context (3 dots) menu button.

Thanks for the info Dave. My main point was that The red button doesn't work at all. I've watched a number of games where there are alternative red button games on sky, including tonight's burnley v  Watford game. The same useless message appears each time  when I press the button. It's clearly affecting a lot of people so probably best to focus on that. I do appreciate your attempt to help though. I wish virgin were as proactive as you.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi nsay, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to forums 🌞

I am sorry you have been having issues with the red button services. How is this looking since your post? Have you been able to access this? Do you have an image of the error?

Thanks,

Zoie

I also have this problem does anyone know how to put this right. We pay for sky sports its my main channel I watch and the red button service does not work.

Just tries to load then falls over saying channel not available please try again later.

Hi Rockridge189,

I'm sorry to hear you're also facing issues with the red button service. Do you happen to have multiple TV boxes where you face the same issue?

Have you been trying to use the red button service when it is not available?

Thanks

Beth

No we only have one tivo box and I only try and use the red button service when on sky sports and an icon appears on screen saying red button is available. 

But it's not have tried all the usual but it just does not work. Someone suggested it may be the tivo box as they are out of date now. Got an engineer from Virgin calling today fingers crossed he knows out to fix this problem 

Finally got mine working this week. Repeated power off and ons and it suddenly started working  and was able to choose my game via the blue button. Picture quality was dreadful for my game but better on one or two of the others. I was probably naive in expecting UHD for main games?? Fortunately there is an option to pay extra for what had been a standard feature on my old sky box. Still some work to do for virgin if they want to retain me after my contract expires.