cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky red button not working

Claire1871
Joining in

Sky sports red button is not loading football matches again! The message says ‘ channel unavailable,

64 REPLIES 64

lefty696
Joining in

just checked status and guess what theres an issue, and it should be fixed by 2:25am tomorrow, after the games finish

lefty696_0-1672346239076.png

GET THIS SORTED VIRGINMEDIA IT ISNT JUST MY AREA, AND ITS NOT THE FIRST TIME ITS NOT BEEN WORKING.

OK guys, here's what I did. Go to settings and factory reset, keep recordings etc and let it reboot, red button didn't work first try but after channel change it has now worked, at least we might get the second half of our match choice. Let me know if you manage to get it done. 

Just tried it and it seems to be working now.

Hi DoubtLess2022, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that the red button was not working and this is not the experience which we want you to have with us. 

I am happy to ha

Hi DoubtLess2022, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that the red button was not working and this is not the experience which we want you to have with us. 

I am happy to hear that this has since been resolved and let us know if anything changes? 

Kind regards, Chris 

Still not working for me in Peterborough. I've rebooted and zilch. It seems when there's more than one stream available, it fails to find the channel and you get the message that the channel is not available. If there's only one alternative stream, as there was yesterday with one game on the red button, it works. However it is not working again today.

Hey Timbo78, thank you for reaching out and letting know this.

Please can you let me know which games wasn't loading up if you can remember? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

None of them worked on Monday. The multi screen option always returns a Channel not available pop up box. On the day where only one game was available on the red button it worked, but even then it wasn't easy to get it going. The screen went black for ages and only pressing the enter button got the stream to show. With multi screen however, all you get is "Channel not available please try again later"

The red button has not worked properly since at least September. It's a complete shambles of a service and I'd be asking for a refund if I thought I would get anywhere, but outages or a poor srvice isn't compensated with tv.

Red button not working on tonight's sky game  Chelsea v man City. Yet to see this facility work at all. It was great when I had sky. I had to pay £10 for an ifollow efl game because virgin let me down. This is a well known & long standing  issue & needs sorting asap 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@nsay wrote:

Red button not working on tonight's sky game  Chelsea v man City. Yet to see this facility work at all. It was great when I had sky. I had to pay £10 for an ifollow efl game because virgin let me down. This is a well known & long standing  issue & needs sorting asap 

Hi @nsay 

There weren't any red button games on Sky today. The Chelsea v Man City game was the only game played in the UK today.

The other matches played today were from the Spanish Copa Del Rey, Portuguese Premier League, and the Turkish Super League.  Sky doesn't have the rights to any of those games.

Looking at forthcoming Sky Sports listings there are no red button features showing for any of their Sports channels up to and including 2nd March https://www.skysports.com/watch/sport-on-sky 

The red button on Sky Sports on VM doesn't have the watch from start feature, or the recap feature that's available on Sky boxes

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali