cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky red button not working

Claire1871
Joining in

Sky sports red button is not loading football matches again! The message says ‘ channel unavailable,

64 REPLIES 64

It doesn't work. It sits for ages at the Sky Sports Football loading screen, then a message saying "Channel Unavailable. Unable to tune to the channel. Please try again later."

As others have said it's the app itself, I guess we're stuck with a partly non functioning service yet again. This has been going on for months now.

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Timbo78

Thanks for posting on our community forum! 

Sorry to hear about this issue with the Sky red button - are you still unable to access the red button screen now? Please do keep us updated next time you try

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Not been able to try it since Saturday but as it has been offline for months I'm not expecting it to be suddenly fixed. I've written it off for the future and will not even try to use the red button again for Sky Sports. Waste of time really. If it's the app itself that's broken on Tivo boxes, there's no point.

I can get the screen up that says there are no events. I can get the screen that says it's loading when there ARE events, but the content itself will not load. The channel is not available blah blah blah.

Par for the course with the tv service really, which is appalling for the price I pay. If it wasn't for the broadband I would have left Virgin years ago.

Hi there @Timbo78 

We are so sorry that this has been an on going issues and we have been aware of this issue effecting some customers and we are working towards a resolution for everyone effected. 

Can I ask if you have been able to check at all since your last post? 

Thanks again 

As there are no events on the channel, no. I'm not going to waste my time trying until it's announced to have been fixed.

I DID waste my time trying it this afternoon and it didn't work. Shockingly.

We should get a reduction on the bill but of course no such thing is offered on the tv service.

I also tried to access the red button via my Tivo box on channel 513, Sky Sports Football just after 3pm as it was advertised.

It goes one moment and goes to a sky sports football screen please wait ...

After about a minute it says Channel unavailable - Unable to tune in to the channel - Please try again later.

I did reboot the Tivo box. But just the same.

It has worked in the past, but not today, I was looking forward to watching a game.

Do let us know what the problem was and when it would be fixed

It failed many times throughout the afternoon but after 5pm it allowed me to have a choice of matches. Chose Huddersfield vs Watford but the game had concluded. As I said earlier, do let us know what the problem was and how you will avoid a repeat.

The matches were "available" to you because the part that carries the streams is the part of the app that is knackered. They know what the problem is but they either don't care about fixing it or the solution is Sky's to provide and Virgin have left it up to them and aren't making any effort to get them to fix it. There should be a full explanation of what the problem is and that it hasn't been fixed posted in this forum and on Virgin's website, but all they seem to want to do is play dumb and ask us to keep trying to see if it works.

Whoever is at fault for this it should at least be owned up to by Virgin, who are NOT providing the service they are charging a fortune for!

nellyb87
On our wavelength

Still not working