Menu
Peebo
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sport SD Unwatchable

Just upgraded to Sky Sports and the picture is so blurry its unwatchable. It actually hurts my etes trying to watch it. Is there some crazy compression going on at Virgins end?

I can watch SD Sky Sports on NowTV and get 100% better quality picture what gives?

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sport SD Unwatchable

It's not going to look as good as Now TV, because that streams at 720p (HD). But, which TV box do you have, is your TV 4K, and how are the two connected together?

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
Peebo
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo V6 connected to Samsung 4K QLED TV via HDMI (ARC).

Every other SD channel looks fine its just Sky Sports is really blurred to the point text looks its written on top of other text its really bad on the eyes.

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

At first I thought your problem was due to the V6 scaling bug, but if all other SD channels look okay, then I'm not sure what it is. Definitely have a read of that thread though if you haven't already so you understand the problems with the V6 video output. I have Sky Sports SD and it looks good on my V6, but I must admit it looks better on my older V+ which arguably has superior scaling abilities.

All I can suggest is play around with the video settings, as your TV is 4K I'd untick all the options apart from 4K & 4K passthrough. Also make sure aspect correction is set to "Panel". Also, as an experiment you could try unticking all the options except 576i and see if there is an improvement, as this way the V6 will output SD for your TV to do the upscaling which will definitely do a much better job than the V6. Of course you can't leave it like this but it would at least help in troubleshooting the problem.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos