Menu
Highlighted
RIFINPOP
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sky Cinema difference

Hi.

We have Virgin Media, my parents have Sky. Theres a huge difference in what movies are available on sky cinema on there sky to our virgin boxes? Is this meant to be?

0 Kudos
HavencroftKev
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Cinema difference

I thought it was supposed to be the same? I remember when I was a VM customer before it was the same content as Sky Cinema on NowTV. 

0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Meant to be

VM don’t seem to be able to negotiate parity, I’m surprised it isn’t called Sky Cinema Light

the movie selection is reduced and I don’t think there is as much HD or recordable HD, someone else can correct me, but generally VM offers a poorer service, for the same price and oh no sky atlantic

0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@machineghost wrote:

Meant to be

VM don’t seem to be able to negotiate parity, I’m surprised it isn’t called Sky Cinema Light

the movie selection is reduced and I don’t think there is as much HD or recordable HD, someone else can correct me, but generally VM offers a poorer service, for the same price and oh no sky atlantic

Although there are Virgin Movies in addition to SKY content.

It's SKY themselves that are withholding their SKY Atlantic channel.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@machineghost wrote:

All the available Sky Cinema HD broadcast channels are on Virgin Media.

Also as far as I know all Sky Cinema On Demand via a V6 or TiVo box is now all in HD again, although this is a recent update and wasn't the case for a quite a while.

I don't have Sky so can't compare On Demand between what you can get via the a V6 or TiVo box and via a Sky box, so can't comment if anything is 'missing' or not.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
japitts
Super solver
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@BenMcr wrote:

@machineghost wrote:

All the available Sky Cinema HD broadcast channels are on Virgin Media.

Also as far as I know all Sky Cinema On Demand via a V6 or TiVo box is now all in HD again, although this is a recent update and wasn't the case for a quite a while.

I don't have Sky so can't compare On Demand between what you can get via the a V6 or TiVo box and via a Sky box, so can't comment if anything is 'missing' or not.

+1 to all of this - Sky Cinema OD on the TiVo & V6 has rolled out a shedload of HD in the past couple of months and now an SD-only film should very much be the exception. There was a thread on here discussing the duplication of titles as the new titles were brought online.

0 Kudos