Menu
RobbieJN
Joining in
Message 21 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky 1 Aspect Ratio

What was the point of that comment? How exactly am I wasting people’s time? 

Virgin fixed the unwanted Audio Description problem I contacted them about a month or so ago, so why can they not fix this? 

This is a real problem. It does exist. It may not affect you, but it does affect me. 

If anyone who actually works for Virgin can read this and can try and solve this problem. Please. 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Drumbeat
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Robbie, was the problem ever fixed? If so, how? I have a similar problem, with ITV3 and ITV4, with the aspect ratio not auto adjusting on my Tivo box. Same problem with Challenge TV, but not Challenge +1. No problem if I use Freeview on my JVC TV, just with the Tivo box on only the above channels.

0 Kudos
RobbieJN
Joining in
Message 23 of 24
Flag for a moderator

No. This problem was never fixed. 

I contacted Virgin and they said there was nothing they could do. That doesn’t explain why things suddenly changed all those months ago. 

There was an aspect ratio problem for a few hours a week or so ago, so I tried the various settings options again, but there was still no difference. (It was stuck on a squashed up 4:3 ratio for programmes that should have been in 16:9.) 

The TiVo box is not sending through a signal which over-rides the TV settings, so that even if the TV is set to 4:3 ratio, and the programme is 16:9, the picture should display the programme in the correct 16:9 ratio, but it doesn’t. This only happens when using a scart lead as there are no problems when using an hdmi lead. It appears to be on all the channels I checked recently, but I didn’t check very many, only about 3 - Sky1, Universal and Sky2. 

Nobody at Virgin has bothered to comment on this posting thread in this forum, so I don’t think they care much about it! 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 24 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I am beginning to think this is actually a broadcaster problem. The reason I say this is I also have the same issue with my Freesat satellite box on occasions. The signal on HDMI appears to be ok, but I intermittently have problems with the Scart output that feeds my DVD recorder going wrong aspect. It must be something the broadcasters are doing that affects the conversion to analogue only.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports/Cinema (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, 350M BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
0 Kudos