Menu
dylbot
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Signal booster.

Had a signal booster fitted as my numbers were very low on the box. I didn't ask for it. Just wondering does it actually do anything other than make the numbers look right on the box (and add to your electricity bill) so that the engineer can say they've done their job? I still get just as many pixelated channels, sky news is unwatchable due to the amount of pixelation and drop out. Have noticed other channels staring to go that way too. Iplayer hardly ever works netflix not great either. Engineer says that as I'm in a densely populated area that there's basically not enough signal to go around, doesn't stop them putting up the prices every 6 months though!

0 Kudos
vircom
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Signal booster.

If the signal booster did not solve your problem you still have a faulty service and should report it again. You may have a network fault in your area or need a new cable pulled in etc. The technician who fitted the booster should have checked that it cured the problem before leaving.
0 Kudos
dylbot
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That's what I'm getting at though, to him he'd done his job as he said all the numbers for signal levels were now above the line. I said that some of the channels still looked very blocky/lo-res to me and he said that wasn't his problem and I could just adjust the sharpness on my TV. He also added that Netflix BBC Iplayer performance were nothing to do with Virgin.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi sounds like you didn't have a very helpful person, it's the luck of the draw, I would phone and report it as a fault and hopefully you will get someone a bit better at their job.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Daaam
Settling in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi mate they need to turn up gain at The green junction box in the street. That's what sorted my problem

0 Kudos
dylbot
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Found out what the problem is with latest visit. Basically my out side box is under a drain pipe, so the connections just keep getting corroded. Helpful technician this time, replaced all the wires. As usual though they don't have the time to do what they really need to, she promised that she'd refer the problem to her manager and 'hoped' they'd  get round to moving the box at some point. Not heard a thing since though. I'm betting the signal booster thing was just a quick fix last time, as not long after that visit all the problems were back, noise on landline and break up on multiple channels plus rubbish internet.

0 Kudos