Menu
Highlighted
Andori
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Signal Level Check

Is it possible for someone to do a remote check on my signal levels please? 

Some days I have horrendous pixelation on recordings, other days they are fine.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Signal Level Check

Hi you would need to phone to achieve this, so that they can speak to you are while on the line and give instructions.Regards Micky
Andori
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Eventually got round to phoning.  Ended up booking an engineer to come and visit as he reckoned there was an issue on both boxes.  Now to wait an see if the boxes are goosed or if it is just poor signal.

One thing I notice looking at the diagnostics is that it says 0% for signal strength on tuners 1 and 2.  Tuner 0 is either 100 or 99%.

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Andori wrote:

One thing I notice looking at the diagnostics is that it says 0% for signal strength on tuners 1 and 2.  Tuner 0 is either 100 or 99%.

Just be aware that since a few months now, the additional TiVo tuners are only active when they're recording. Otherwise only the live-TV tuner is active and the other two could well just be not reporting.

Andori
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@japitts wrote:

@Andori wrote:

Just be aware that since a few months now, the additional TiVo tuners are only active when they're recording. Otherwise only the live-TV tuner is active and the other two could well just be not reporting.

This was with all 3 tuners recording.

Anyway, had the engineer visit.  He blamed the old Diamond cable faceplate (which is from 1996) as the signal levels were good.  He's put a splitter on the broadband cable so both TiVo and SuperHub are on the same cable.  He also replaced the splitter in the brown junction box outside (which was also ancient).  I'll just have to keep an eye on it. 

I did spend 10 mins or so trying to work out why my broadband wasn't working afterwards.  He'd moved the network connection in the back of the SH when he disconnected the coax, and not put it back which doesn't help when I'm using it in Modem mode.  It wasn't until I looked at the back and noticed the "Modem Mode" text next to the specific port.

0 Kudos