Menu
japitts
Super solver
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Set top box update

@BenMcr wrote:

@japitts wrote:

Just to make sure, you are calling VM using their 0345 4541111 landline number aren't you? I'm sure you are, but with Google offering expensive 084/087 call-through numbers, stranger things have happened...

And of course they're is the free option of 150 from any Virgin landline or Mobile.

Indeed - but the OP mentioned they don't have a landline. I hadn't thought of the prospect their mobile was a VM one to be fair. I've never quite understood the logic of choosing to not have a landline (fair enough, each to their own) but then complaining about mobile call charges, but still.

To be fair, CS not calling back when promised is a poor show - though sadly unsurprising. If I'm ever dealing with offshore CS especially, I would tend to politely decline their callback offer and be quite willing to stay on the line as long as is necessary.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
sledgehammer1
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator

To be honest I don’t use a phone the only time I needed a landline handset was to call virgin so once every few years and was constantly getting annoying cold calls because virgin had given me the number of someone with bad credit in England. So I don’t even own a handset.

and I only need to top up my mobile about once every 3 months £10 

0 Kudos
sledgehammer1
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I’m buying a house phone in Work tomorrow and god help whoever answers the phone at customer services when I get home.

sledgehammer1
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Update, Engineers booked to fix Dead TV set top box and dead phone line. Had to threaten to leave.

0 Kudos