cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Series link problem

JurassicMark
On our wavelength

I was trying to sort out the issue of it showing lots of recording clashes for all the various BBC1 channels (BBC1 Lon, BBC1 AD, BBC1 Y&L, BBC ONE Sco, etc.) I think this was due to me setting it to 'All' in the Chanel setting on the series link. The series link is for 'Match of the Day' which I cancelled with the hope that all of those clashes would disappear from my planned recordings but they didn't.

The plan was to recreate the series link for channel BBC1EngHD (108) only but I accidentally did it for BBC ONE (101) instead. I immediately cancelled it but now have planned recordings for that show on BBC ONE (101). They have the series link symbol against them but when I press 'OK' against one of them, it shows the 'Create a Series Link+' option. If it's an actual existing series link then it shows 'Series Link+ options'. I've tried a few times to recreate that BBC ONE (101) series link and then cancel it to see if the planned recordings disappear but they remain. 

I'm aware there's a reset option to clear programme information and planned recordings but I don't want to do that as it will cancel all of my series links (I have 122 of them). What else can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi JurrassicMark,

Have you tried rebooting the TIVO?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi JurrassicMark,

Have you tried rebooting the TIVO?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

JurassicMark
On our wavelength

Hi newapollo

A reboot has fixed the problem in that it's no longer going to record Match of the Day on BBC ONE (101) although it's still showing all the recording clashes for some reason. Those clashes aren't a major problem but it just looks a mess showing 6 recording clashes for one broadcast, which is why I tried to cancel the series link to remove them.

Thanks for the suggestion and I can't believe I didn't think of rebooting my TiVo. 🙂

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, the clashes are left behind and don’t disappear until their time has passed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JurassicMark wrote:

I The plan was to recreate the series link for channel BBC1EngHD (108) only but I accidentally did it for BBC ONE (101) instead. I immediately cancelled it but now have planned recordings for that show on BBC ONE (101).

For future reference, you needn't have even bothered cancelling the SL or restarting the box - if I'm reading your situation correctly.

Just amending its options would have had the same effect. Although as Ernie has mentioned, once an SL has generated a scheduled recording, that will show in the planned recordings list until its time has passed. Only the ones in white are "currently" planned, the ones showing in grey are unscheduled for whatever reason.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@japitts wrote:

@JurassicMark wrote:

I The plan was to recreate the series link for channel BBC1EngHD (108) only but I accidentally did it for BBC ONE (101) instead. I immediately cancelled it but now have planned recordings for that show on BBC ONE (101).

For future reference, you needn't have even bothered cancelling the SL or restarting the box - if I'm reading your situation correctly.

Just amending its options would have had the same effect. Although as Ernie has mentioned, once an SL has generated a scheduled recording, that will show in the planned recordings list until its time has passed. Only the ones in white are "currently" planned, the ones showing in grey are unscheduled for whatever reason.

Sorry, I missed out a step.

I did initially amend the SL options to just record Match of the Day on BBC1EngHD (108) but I tried the other steps due to the recording clashes remaining after that amendment. I didn't know that the clashes don’t disappear until their time has passed as I don't usually take much notice of them unless it's something I want to record. It's just that due to the European Championship football, there are currently loads of them on my planned recordings which makes it look messy.