Menu
HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Message 31 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series Link's+ Randomly Reorganising

Thanks, Terri_P for that info.  Thankfully, for me, I've found a way to stop this from happening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I still have my wheels rolling
but the engine is old and petrol is low
Don't put your weight on me.
This burden of life you wouldn't know

They Used Dark Forces / Teutonic Witch
~by~
Reverend Bizarre
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 32 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Hi HairyFacedHuman,

I'm glad to hear that you've found a way to stop the Series Link+ list from reorganising and changing priority. 

Is this something that I can feed back to the team or be shared with the rest of the Community?

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team 

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos
HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Message 33 of 56
Flag for a moderator

In a previous post I mentioned that by avoiding the Network Connection the issue hasn't happened again. This is still the case.

I wait at least 4 hours after a connection before going in to change or delete a series link.

But as you said, it happened to someone's series links without any user interaction so maybe I'm just lucky or my TiVo has realised that it's annoyed me enough and decided to stop. 😀

~by~
Reverend Bizarre
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 34 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for updating us on this. I have passed on the information you provided to us previously about avoiding the Network Connection. I'm glad to hear that you haven't had any more issues with this since.

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 35 of 56
Flag for a moderator

@Terri_P wrote:

Thank you for updating us on this. I have passed on the information you provided to us previously about avoiding the Network Connection. I'm glad to hear that you haven't had any more issues with this since.

I'll be honest I'm still to find any correlation with avoiding the network connection theory.

I previously thought SL's only went wrong when you changed the priority of them but I changed some settings (New & Re-runs, HD preference) in SL's in positions 5, 7 and 254. A day later I noticed that SL's 6 and 7 had swapped position and the SL at 254 had promoted itself to 9!

A quick scan of my other SL's I could see that 107 and 108 had also swapped position and these I have not touched for several months. I have close to 260 SL's so I daresay there maybe some others that moved. I only really monitor the top page and last page as these are the only SL's that I have moved to give them a priority so it is quite annoying when a low priority one suddenly changes itself to a high priority one (or vice-versa) as seen above with the SL at 254 moving to 9. Makes a mockery of sorting them!

Incidentally, I do hope we don't have to wait until mid next year for the update (based on the fact they normally only do one a year)!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 350Mb BB, Full House TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime with Caller Display
Equipment: 2 x V6 (connected to Panasonic TX-P42S30B & LG 43UJ701V),
1Tb TiVo (connected to Panasonic TX-L32G20B), Super Hub 3
0 Kudos
HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Message 36 of 56
Flag for a moderator

@G4DDS wrote:

<snip>

Incidentally, I do hope we don't have to wait until mid next year for the update (based on the fact they normally only do one a year)!

Completely agree with you.  Now that we're entering peak season when multiple shows clash.

Unfortunately, the only way an update will come sooner is when it happens to someone more important than us.

~by~
Reverend Bizarre
0 Kudos
HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Message 37 of 56
Flag for a moderator

I have my Series Links set in 'Day' order. Sunday on top, Saturday at the bottom.

In the last 3 weeks I've deleted 15 series links and added 4, the one’s I've added I moved to the position I wanted them.

When changing a series link (changing channel, adding minutes, etc) I do it via Planned Recordings or My Shows. If a show changes the broadcast Day, then I change the position through 'Manage Series Links+'

And nothing has randomly changed since I deleted 'Wolf Creek'

~by~
Reverend Bizarre
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 38 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Hi HairyFacedHuman,

Thanks again for the update on the Series Link+ issue. I'm glad to hear that you haven't seen any further problems.

Please let me know if you notice any other issues with your TiVo, or if there's anything else I can help with.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 39 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Earlier today (yesterday seeing it is now after midnight) I made some changes and again weird things happened. Firstly the changes I made were well outside my network connection time (last connection was 8:30 AM, next was scheduled for 2:?? PM) and the time I was making my changes were shortly after 10 AM so that confirms my suspicion that it is nothing to do with network connections.

I added a series link (Race of Champions) and promoted it to position 8 as below (I took the screen grab at the end after I had sorted it all out):

Series Links OK.jpg

A few minutes later I checked my planned recordings and noticed that I had a clash which meant "Not Going Out" was not going to be recorded and as it was not repeated I thought I would promote it further up my list so it was higher than "8 Out of 10 Cats does Countdown" which is repeated. I placed it at position 52 (no particular reason just because I knew it was higher than "8 Out of 10 Cats does Countdown"):

Not Going Out SL.jpg

A short while later (5 or so minutes) I rechecked my series links to make sure everything was as expected. This where the fun starts:

SL Not OK 1.jpg

If you compare with the first screenshot you can see I have lost my series link at 5 (Formula E) and 7 (Goodwood Festival). Scrolling through the rest of my links I found them at positions 214 and 233:

Formula E SL.jpg

Goodwood Festival of Speed SL.jpg

I left it on this screen whilst I was uploading my screen grabs (to Google drive) when I noticed the screen refresh. I moved to the top of the series links to find that my series links at 2, 3 and 4 (Formula 1, GP2 and GP3) have now moved:

SL Not OK 2.jpg

Checking the rest of my links I found them at 183, 193 and 203:

F1 SL.jpg

GP2 SL.jpg

GP3 SL.jpg

I then left them alone for a good hour to make sure the box had finished randomly re-arranging them before I moved them back to where they should be.

Can this be fed back to the team and some update given. This is just ludicrous that this bug has been around for ages know with no sign of any fix! Who knows what effect this bug could be having on the "databases" that are being used to hold this data.

It makes a mockery of the whole priority listing of SL's  as again it seems that several of my top priority SL's were moved near the bottom of the list and this is know becoming unacceptable!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 350Mb BB, Full House TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime with Caller Display
Equipment: 2 x V6 (connected to Panasonic TX-P42S30B & LG 43UJ701V),
1Tb TiVo (connected to Panasonic TX-L32G20B), Super Hub 3
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 40 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Hi G4DDS,

Thank you for updating the thread. I'm sorry that you are still experiencing this problem with the Series Link+ priority list randomly reorganising.

This has been escalated to our technicians who have advised that they are aware of this issue and are working on a resolution.

We currently haven't been given a fix time-frame on this, but when I receive further information on this, I'll update this thread.

Apologies for the inconvenience this causes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos