Menu
HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Message 11 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series Link's+ Randomly Reorganising

I suspect that they've been ordered to not comment on this.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I still have my wheels rolling
but the engine is old and petrol is low
Don't put your weight on me.
This burden of life you wouldn't know

They Used Dark Forces / Teutonic Witch
~by~
Reverend Bizarre
0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 12 of 56
Flag for a moderator

@HairyFacedHuman wrote:
This morning I wanted to delete 'Wolf Creek' as the final episode of the series aired last night. I noticed that the connection had just finished so went into 'Series Links+'. They showed for a second, then went blank, then showed again. #2,3,4 had gone. I found them at the bottom of the list.

I have seen that if you change position of a series link and then immediately exit the series link menu when you re-enter the series link menu you briefly see that series link appear at its original position before it disappears and re-appears at its new position that you previously moved it to. This behaviour is nothing new though and has done it all previous releases (well ever since I can remember).

I will however, try and factor in your observations about network connections and see if I can make any connection between this and any series link anomlies I note from here onwards.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 350Mb BB, Full House TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime with Caller Display
Equipment: 2 x V6 (connected to Panasonic TX-P42S30B & LG 43UJ701V),
1Tb TiVo (connected to Panasonic TX-L32G20B), Super Hub 3
0 Kudos
HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Message 13 of 56
Flag for a moderator

When I change the position of a Series Link I always wait until the update has finished before exiting so hadn't noticed it before.

~by~
Reverend Bizarre
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 14 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Hi HairyFacedHuman and G4DDS,

Apologies that you haven't had a response from the Forum Team regarding the Series Link reorganisation issue you have reported. 

I'd like to run further tests on this and see if we can replicate this on our side in order to find out what's causing this to happen. 

G4DDS, I have your details, so can start testing this straight away. 

HairyFacedHuman, I will need to confirm your details so that I can also run tests to your TiVo, so I'll send you a pm requesting more information.

I will also be running further checks on our in-house TiVo and get this checked by our TiVo support team.

Many thanks,

Terri

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 15 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Hi BinghamBloke, I'm sorry to hear that you are also expe...

Hi BinghamBloke,

I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing a problem with your Series Link+ randomly reorganising. I'm looking into this issue with all customers who have reported this issue. 

I've run testing to your TiVo and can see a problem here. Have you been experiencing any issues with your recordings (other than the Series Link+ issue)? An engineer is required to fix the problem with the internal tuner, so I can arrange this for you.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 16 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hi BinghamBloke, I'm sorry to hear that you are also expe...

I have had no problem with recordings.
The only thing I have found recently is stuttering in Netflix and the same with iPlayer to the point of iPlayer failed so much I had to exit the player completely but this is nothing new so I try not to use the apps at all and find other ways.

I will reply to your message but apart from the slowness that you as a company has acknowledged I have got no problems as such.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 17 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hi BinghamBloke, I'm sorry to hear that you are also expe...

Hi BinghamBloke,

Thanks for getting straight back to me on this. Try recording three programs at the same time and see if these record and playback for you. The issue I'm seeing is with the internal tuners on the TiVo. If this fails, then an engineer will need to fix this for you.

If you are able to record three shows fine and you would prefer to not have an engineer out to check this, just let me know. 

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Message 18 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri_P, thank you for finally getting back to us about this problem, almost 4 months after it was initially reported.

I've replied to your PM and I hope it will be fixed soon.

~by~
Reverend Bizarre
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 19 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Hello,
Thanks to those who have sent details as requested. I have escalated this over to our TiVo team and I have received confirmation that two tickets have been raised on this--one for the Series Link+ listings randomly reorganising and another for when the priority of the Series Link+ listings are changed.
I will post back here with any further updates when they come through.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience this causes and for the delay in getting this reported.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Message 20 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri_P, thank you for your help with this issue.

I hope you don't mind me replying to your PM regarding my tuner issue in this thread.

All of my recordings work well. I have had several days that all three tuners were recording simultaneously and when watching them afterwards, they were all good.

The only problem I have is, that when finished watching a recording or On-Demand the viewed tuner sometimes swaps to one of the other ones.

eg. I either have BBC News or Kerrang! on when I'm going through My Shows, and sometimes it swaps to one of the tuners of whatever was recorded the night before.

I assumed that this was another software issue. I can live with it.

~by~
Reverend Bizarre
0 Kudos