cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Series Link not working

SL46
On our wavelength

I had a series link set up for Breeders on Sky One. It recorded the first episode but hasn’t recorded any since. I’ve checked my deleted programmes and they are not in there. I’ve checked Recording Hiccups and there are a few showing as not recording because of duplicates but I don’t have a recording of those episodes it thinks are duplicates.  
I have deleted the series link and set it up again and can now see future episodes in my Planned Recordings. 
However I’m concerned that this might happen again and don’t understand why it happened this time. 

11 REPLIES 11

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So it looks like these episodes are first-aired on Thursdays @ 10pm, with repeat showings on Saturday, Monday & Wednesday. I can't see anything wrong with the EPG data for the last few episodes, nor with the upcoming ones.

If you want to post up your SL settings, I for one can happily compare them - but if the later episodes are in your planned recordings, that may not prove much.

Normally once you've recorded a particular episode, TiVo's recording engine will avoid recording any repeats of that programme for 30days. If you navigate to your "missing" episodes, does the "deleted programme" icon appear next to it? That would be evidence of a recording of that programme being in your recycle bin - but therefore not being re-recorded in the 30day lockout period.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

SL46
On our wavelength

I have deleted the original series link but am pretty sure it was the same as I’ve just set up:

recording and streaming

series 1

new and reruns

sky one hd

all recording’s

until I delete

i can’t see a delete marker next to the episodes I’m missing

Thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SL46 wrote:

recording and streaming

So a VoD bookmark will be created as soon as one is available, but the first available recording will take precedence.

@SL46 wrote:

i can’t see a delete marker next to the episodes I’m missing

Which means a recording of that episode has been made and deleted. Until 30days pass from that recording being made, any repeat showings will be rejected as duplicate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

SL46
On our wavelength

Ok, so the same thing has happened again. I cancelled the original series link and set up a new one and that seemed ok. It recorded an episode or two and I could see future episodes in my planned recordings. 
move checked today and it didn’t record the latest episode and nothing showing in my planned recordings. I’ve had to go through the guide and manually record each episode. 
many ideas why this is happening?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm nowhere near my box to test extensively, but the obvious quick checks are....

Past, failed recordings should list under Recording Hiccups and list the reason.

Future recordings that are being dropped should list under planned recordings but be in grey and (IIRC) list the reason for not scheduling in the right-hand panel.

Which specific showings aren't recording that you think should?

Once you've set manual recordings, those will override the SL settings irreversibly.

Hi there @SL46

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to see this is happening! 

Can I just reiterate japitts question and have you been able to check, All Shows,Deleted, and Recording Hiccups at all?

Thanks again.  

SL46
On our wavelength

I’ve checked my box and can see Thursday nights episode (No Excuses) didn’t record as was listed as a duplicate. However that’s the episode I would expect to record and that episode wasn’t showing anywhere else in My Planned Recordings. I would also have expected to be able to see next weeks episode in My Recordings too but couldn’t. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the episode is being flagged as a duplicate, highlight the grey entry in the planned recordings list and scroll right. That should shortcut you into "search & explore" for that programme - navigate to the entry for that episode and see what symbol shows next to it... is it the "planned to record" (it's being recorded somewhere else in the schedule), is it the "deleted programme" (you've already recorded and deleted it)?

SL46
On our wavelength

I can’t see it in the Planned Recordings list, only in recording hiccups?