cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Series Link not recording

ipulfer
Tuning in

So for some reason a series link is not being recorded despite it being in the list of series link recording as well as up-coming recordings. 

There is space on the disk and other shows are being recorded just not this one. 

The wife seems to think it’s me deleting it cos it’s I’m a Celebrity 😅

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So if yesterday it said "user cancelled", what did the box report today?

Post up your Series Link settings and others - myself included, if I can bear trying to record this particular series - can try to replicate your issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ipulfer 

If the wife does find it was you then it'll become I'm a Celibate.🤣

Is there anything showing in the recording hiccups folder? It's under Home > My Shows & Recordings > 

That folder shows the reason why a recording has failed.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

😁

yeah yesterday it said “user cancelled” but I didn’t cancel it. Today it just didn’t record even tho it was scheduled to. 

i had to manually record it and the only thing that appeared today was “duplicate” for the non-HD recording

its done it 3 days in a row now 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So if yesterday it said "user cancelled", what did the box report today?

Post up your Series Link settings and others - myself included, if I can bear trying to record this particular series - can try to replicate your issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks

The setting are:

Include: Recordings Only

Start from: Series 1

Channel: 103 ITV HD

Get in HD: if possible  

Keep at most: 25 recordings

Keep until: Space needed

Start recoding: 1min early

Stop recoding: 4mins longer

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My SL with default settings that are largely the same, picks up all the 9pm episodes that I'd expect it to - based on the EPG data.

Two things..

1: Check your EPG data shows the first-aired-date for these episodes as the current date - in other words, the box sees these episodes as new and not repeats. Equally, your SL record field is set to new-only.

2: What does the Recording Hiccups report for episodes since yesterday? You mentioned that one was user-cancelled, but how about subsequent ones? And what about future showings - are they listed in your planned recordings?

They either say “duplicate” or “cancelled” - the duplicates are the repeats, non-HD etc

For tomorrow it says it’s going to record - like it did today but come 8:59 it didn’t record and got listed as duplicate/cancelled

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the recordings are showing in your planned list, the SL is working.

If planned recordings are failing, that's a subtly different problem.

Is it only one SL that's affected?

Hi there @ipulfer

Thank you so much for your post and a huge thank you to @japitts for the help and advise they have already offered. 

Has this issue persisted since your last post and are you only noticing this on one particular programme or do you have other series links that face similar issues? 

Thanks again.