Menu
aderussell
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Send back or recycle? Virgin do not seem to know themselves.

I recently cancelled an old Tivo box having received a new v6 box and changing my mind about keeping the old one. I was told I would get a package sent to return it. A few days later I got a text message saying not to bother returning it but to take it to a recycling centre. Just to be sure I phoned Virgin only to be told an order for the return packaging had not been raised and that I should not take it to the recycling centre. If I had not phoned I would have got rid of it, and presumably then have been chased by Virgin for the box or had to pay for it. I phoned as I do not consider a text message as good enough authority for me to dispose of equipment owned by Virgin. This should be in the form of a letter in my opinion. Why was I told I would have to return it only to then be told to dispose of it then be told not to?   This is a shambles and it should not be left for the customer to have to co-ordinate this. Many people, I am sure, would just have accepted the message and disposed of the box only to get in trouble at a later date.This needs sorting as a matter of urgency to prevent people ending up in dispute with Virgin over what happened to the box, with only a text message to use in defence.

frank_gm
Superstar
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Send back or recycle? Virgin do not seem to know themselves.

@aderussell wrote:

I recently cancelled an old Tivo box having received a new v6 box and changing my mind about keeping the old one. I was told I would get a package sent to return it. A few days later I got a text message saying not to bother returning it but to take it to a recycling centre. Just to be sure I phoned Virgin only to be told an order for the return packaging had not been raised and that I should not take it to the recycling centre. If I had not phoned I would have got rid of it, and presumably then have been chased by Virgin for the box or had to pay for it. I phoned as I do not consider a text message as good enough authority for me to dispose of equipment owned by Virgin. This should be in the form of a letter in my opinion. Why was I told I would have to return it only to then be told to dispose of it then be told not to?   This is a shambles and it should not be left for the customer to have to co-ordinate this. Many people, I am sure, would just have accepted the message and disposed of the box only to get in trouble at a later date.This needs sorting as a matter of urgency to prevent people ending up in dispute with Virgin over what happened to the box, with only a text message to use in defence.

Absolutely correct, the situation is indeed shambolic. Your are not the first to be in this situation and you will most certainly not be the last. There have been multiple threads on this issue and there has even been a difference of opinion between different VM staff in the same thread.

VM need to get their act together and get this problem resolved.

NB. Do not under any circumstances rely on the advice of any poster on these forums on this subject as I have seen questionable advice been given on how to dispose of boxes. Since VM cannot make up their minds then I would advise that ALL equipment be returned to VM unless they confirm, in writing, that you can dispose of the equipment yourself.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
aderussell
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Well two months later, and having been told twice they definitely want the Tivo box back and will send me a mailing box to return it I still have the damn thing.

aderussell
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Ooooohhh I just got a new badge for posting. I don't want a bloody badge - I want someone in Virgin to give me a definitive answer as to what to do with this Tivo box !!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
aderussell
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

And I just got another badge for complaining about the previous one. This is rediculous.

Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi aderussell

I'm really sorry for the problems you're experiencing at the moment, I'd like to get you  a jiffy bag sent out as soon as possible. 

So I can do that, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi aderussell

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me so quickly, I've requested that a jiffy bag is sent out to you and it will be with you within a maximum of 5 working days, although sooner in most cases.

We'd love to hear how it goes and will be here if you need any assistance moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

aderussell
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Just to let you know I finally got the packaging to return my old Tivo. It has gone. 

Thanks for getting this sorted .

adrians73
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I asked the question too. I answer I had was put it in the bin!!  Not what I wanted to hear. I think I’ll take it to my nearest VM store. They can do what they want with it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi adrians73,

Thanks for posting!

I can arrange for a returns kit to be sent to you. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can confirm some details.

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos