Got a box not sure what kind

TiVo I think

want to connect second Tv in another room

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can check which box you have on this page - https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

However, the answer will be the same regardless

If you want to have the single HDMI output from your box going to 2 separate TVs, then you'll need an HDMI splitter.

Or are you asking how to have an additional multiroom subscription to have a separate VM TV box installed?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can check which box you have on this page - https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

However, the answer will be the same regardless

If you want to have the single HDMI output from your box going to 2 separate TVs, then you'll need an HDMI splitter.

Or are you asking how to have an additional multiroom subscription to have a separate VM TV box installed?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

KNF
Joining in

Turns out I still don’t know if have hdmi splitter

csn each Telly have different programmes on at the same time from the one box

eg can my child watch one programme in one room and me another in another room

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you want to have different programmes in different rooms at the same time, you will need a multiroom subscription with a chargeable additional TV box installed.

Each box will need its own connections, but (with some caveats for the TiVo specifically) you will be able to stream recordings between each box.

Do you have VM broadband? That will be crucial in whether multiroom will work for you. That, and the fact you're looking at an extra £7-£10/month (approx) for the additional TV box.

@japitts wrote:

If you want to have different programmes in different rooms at the same time, you will need a multiroom subscription with a chargeable additional TV box installed.

Each box will need its own connections, but (with some caveats for the TiVo specifically) you will be able to stream recordings between each box.

Do you have VM broadband? That will be crucial in whether multiroom will work for you. That, and the fact you're looking at an extra £7-£10/month (approx) for the additional TV box.

If the OP is going to get a second box, it'll almost certainly end up being a V6 for which having VM broadband is mandatory