cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen going black then pixilating when watching live tv

imajica37
On our wavelength

We are having issues with live tv where the screen goes black for a few seconds then comes back pixilated then goes back to normal.

It started last night and is still happening, it happens approximately every 20 minutes or so.

Anyone got any ideas of how to sort this please?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've not said whether this is happening on live TV, OnDemand or recorded programmes - but I will presume live TV.

The screen blanking out I would expect of either a faulty HDMI lead/port, or of the VM box losing TV signals - the latter would normally have an error code on-screen that would confirm as much. OnDemand wouldn't be affected by loss-of-TV signal in the same way. Pixellation is also a sure-fire sign of signal issues.

If you're able to try another HDMI lead/port that's certainly worth a shot, although I suspect it's more for elimination purposes than fault-fixing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

imajica37
On our wavelength

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It is live tv, I did pop that in the subject but not in the message. A couple of times when the screen went black it did come up with an error message but went too quickly for us to read it.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In that case, if you're able - please try another HDMI lead and/or HDMI port on your TV. I suspect all this will do is to prove that's not the fault - but if it happens to be so, then it's a quick fix.

If the issues persist after this, then you'll have to down the route of this being a VM service fault, try restarting your box once, check for area faults using 0800 5610061 and if the problem persists, report it via the usual routes.

150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Or wait here for staff to respond, but that may take a few days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @imajica37,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your TV picture while watching Live TV.

How is your picture issue at the moment? Did the advise from @japitts help resolve this issue?

Please let us know, so we can look into this further if needed. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs