cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrambled screen

Beautyqueenuk
Joining in

Does anyone have any suggestion as to why I get the attached during any live game on sky sports? It’s been happening for  month now and the best advice I’ve had so far is to check the wires and reboot! 

F30D4364-8F0F-4C39-805A-E6832542DC59.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Beautyqueenuk wrote:

Just Sky Sports when a football game is live, darts, snooker whatever is live, it doesn’t work 

Ok, but is this Sky Sports Main Event? Sky Sports PL? Sky Sports Football? And are you viewing the SD version or HD version?

You've alluded to programmes that are not live events not being affected by this scrambling - is that what you are saying? That this scrambling starts when a programme contains a live event, and stops afterwards?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

20 REPLIES 20

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Beautyqueenuk 

Does it only affect live TV, or does it also affect On Demand, recordings and catch up services?

Have you tried a different HDMI cable? Also try a different HDMI port.

Which actual channels does it effect and are thet SD or HD?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've mentioned "during a live game", but does this happen during other programmes on the same channel? And as per the post above, can you be specific about which channel(s) are affected?

I suspect this has nothing to do with the programme or the content, but is either an HDMI issue or a signal issue. Answers to the questions already posed will help ID.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Just live sports it’s fine the rest of the time and it is on both boxes.

Have bought new HDMI cables, changed ports, it’s on both HD and non-HD

Oddly doesn’t happen on BT Sports

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Beautyqueenuk wrote:

Just live sports it’s fine the rest of the time and it is on both boxes.

Oddly doesn’t happen on BT Sports

But which specific channel(s)? Eurosport have 2 channels, Viaplay have 3, Sky have 9 SD ones and 9 HD versions.

If this is - as I suspect - an issue with the incoming TV signal, it's no surprise that some channels are badly affected and others are perfectly fine. Specifics will all help see if there's a pattern here, that you may not realise.

Just Sky Sports when a football game is live, darts, snooker whatever is live, it doesn’t work 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Beautyqueenuk wrote:

Ok, but is this Sky Sports Main Event? Sky Sports PL? Sky Sports Football? And are you viewing the SD version or HD version?

You've alluded to programmes that are not live events not being affected by this scrambling - is that what you are saying? That this scrambling starts when a programme contains a live event, and stops afterwards?

All Sky Sports channels in HD or SD if a game - be it T20, football etc that is live… I can watch Sky Sports News

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Beautyqueenuk wrote:

All Sky Sports channels in HD or SD if a game - be it T20, football etc that is live… I can watch Sky Sports News

Are programmes on More4-HD, Sky Documentaries HD or Animal Planet HD similarly affected? If you're not sure, please check.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I suggest also checking BT Sport 2 HD, Sky Sports Golf HD, GB News, Sky News HD, Sky Nature HD, and BBC Two HD

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali