cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STV Tv guide not updating for Monday

Jayal
Tuning in

For some reason this Monday's  STV  TV menu channel 103 (8 Nov) is not updating. It keeps showing to be announced. It's been like this for ages. Means I can't record any particular programmes for that date in HD.

ITV menu, channel 853 is showing. It means if I record on thaqt channel it's not on HD 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I reported this to TiVo GuideErrors last Sunday. So far, they have not taken any action.

@ModTeam  Can you please progress this? Thank you.

@Jayal  I suggest you take action to set single recordings on other channels to cover what is missing on STV HD. For example, I have used STV+1 and ITV 2 HD.

7007DC8A-8FA7-497C-8526-7CC253C58F2A.jpeg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I reported this to TiVo GuideErrors last Sunday. So far, they have not taken any action.

@ModTeam  Can you please progress this? Thank you.

@Jayal  I suggest you take action to set single recordings on other channels to cover what is missing on STV HD. For example, I have used STV+1 and ITV 2 HD.

7007DC8A-8FA7-497C-8526-7CC253C58F2A.jpeg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ModTeam 

Some information which may be pertinent to this issue.

The Virgin TV Go app has an alternate view of the Guide which shows Monday’s Guide on STV HD fully populated and my programs scheduled (although they are not, I believe).

Standard view (same as TV 360):

F9F64B2A-A964-45E1-B966-1C7A18327510.jpeg

Alternate view:

97550A77-5050-4E0F-A0DA-4279CB3B970B.jpeg

I wonder if this has anything to do with last week’s clocks going back?

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Update.

The alternate Guide on the Virgin TV Go app is a day out but only for STV HD, I think. It’s displaying Tuesday for Monday and so on. 

Hello,

Sorry to hear that the guide isn't updated for the STV Channel and we've raised this with our internal team to take a look in the background and hope it's a quick fix.

Cheers,

Lisa

Edit - We've been advised that the updates should complete this evening but do let us know if it hasn't.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Appears to have been fixed. Thanks, @Lisa_CC .

Unfortunately it's not. Still showing, To Be Announced for Monday. Seems very peculiar that it seems to be taking so long to try and fix it.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jayal wrote:
Unfortunately it's not. Still showing, To Be Announced for Monday. Seems very peculiar that it seems to be taking so long to try and fix it.

@Jayal

360 & TiVo/V6 have different EPG refresh cycles, and may "catch up" with updates at different time accordingly.

If you're using a TiVo/V6, follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and check the timing of the most recent update on the left. You can either wait for the next update that's listed, or manually force one using "connect to Virgin Media services now".

Rebooting, before anyone asks, won't usually have any impact here.

Thank you very much for those instructions. It worked and I can now record on HD for STV ON Monday

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jayal,

Thank you for coming back to us. I'm glad to hear that you can now record your shows!

Glad to hear that this issue is now resolved. 

Please let us know if there's anything further we can help with.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs