cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return CT8620 and Modem to VM?

SpaceWrench
Joining in

Hi,

As the title says. Do I need to return the Tivo CT8620 and Modem back to VM since I now have upgraded to the newer V6 Tivo box and Modem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The answer depends what the equipment is that you've swapped out. A V6 > 360 change is a software conversion and not a hardware swap. A TiVo > V6/360 is a hardware change.

What have you changed from and to? If you're not sure, look at the links in my previous post which include the VM help page that specifies what can be recycled. As a broad rule, V6 & 360 are wanted back, TiVo's can be appropriately recycled.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you saying that you've upgraded from a TiVo to a V6?

There's info on what equipment VM currently recycle on this page and photos of the different boxes, here 

Whilst the V360 is a very different beast to the V6 and is the same hardware, it's often referred to as the "newest TiVo" or "newest V6" when that's not the case.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Yes, actually it's the 360 box and not the V6. Silly me. The real question is the old box and modem, will VM take them back?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The answer depends what the equipment is that you've swapped out. A V6 > 360 change is a software conversion and not a hardware swap. A TiVo > V6/360 is a hardware change.

What have you changed from and to? If you're not sure, look at the links in my previous post which include the VM help page that specifies what can be recycled. As a broad rule, V6 & 360 are wanted back, TiVo's can be appropriately recycled.

SpaceWrench
Joining in

I see, so VM only want the newer V6 & 360 boxes. The older ones can be recycled or whatever. Fair enough. I have ordered a Recycle Kit from VM how would I cancel it, phone them?