Menu
Spookess
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Resolved: info in reply - Tivo update

Whilst watching a recording, my Tivo box switched to a black screen then began an update. It went through the update fine (3 out of 3 steps complete) and then restarted the box as it said it would. Now it's stuck on the screen which says "installing software... Do not turn off the power". There are 2 red lights on the front of the box which haven't changed, nor has anything on screen and it has been like this for about 15 to 20 minutes now and appears stuck. 

How long is this supposed to take? I'm assuming that this is going to stop the box from being able to record anything? 

I need to go to sleep now as am up in 5 hours, but am wary of leaving it like this in case it is a fault with the box which causes it to overheat or something. 

Can anyone provide a (quick) answer please?

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Spookess
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo update

Ok so if anyone else is having this issue, it has finally started up and is back to the home screen. It appeared stuck for about 25 mins. 

Maybe Virgin should add a progress bar or something else that moves so people know it is actually doing something??? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo update

Hi Spookess,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear about what's happened.

I'm glad this has now been resolved for you.

If you do have any further problems please let us know on the community so we can look into it for you.

Take care

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos