cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement tivo

Neilcoote
Joining in

Hi. I've been asked by Virgin to contact you about my negative trustpilot review.

As a long term customer who's TiVo broke I eventually found chat as I'm significantly deaf and kept receiving messages to call a number which isn't great when you have hearing loss.

The agent sent me a replacement TiVo but it was an old model with only half the memory (500gb) compared to my broken 1(tb) model, so instead of upgrading me to the newer faster box I got an old one with half the memory and all for £90 a month which to my thinking is terrible customer service. Thanks for nothing Virgin media.

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The replacement of your 1Tb TiVo with a 500Gb variant could have potentially been stock issues, but in all the cases where this has happened previously, you should have been offered the option of then going back to a 1Tb model once one was available.

I'm not sure what your reference to £90/month has to do with anything, when you get a fault replacement then it has no bearing on your existing package whatsoever.

If you want to swap your TiVo out for a V6 - which if you have VM broadband would be an excellent move - then the best way is to look at your entire package  with a view to moving onto a newer, more cost-effective bundle. You hint at not being happy with your current £90/month bundle, so that's probably well recommended.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Neilcoote,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you had some issues with your TiVo, and for any confusion over the fault swap.

Package changes aren't something we would assist with on the forums, however so I can take a closer look at this I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner) to get a few more details from you.

Alex_Rm