Menu
scunni
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Replacement TiVo Box not as per original

First thing to set the scene - I don't record much on the downstairs TiVo except during the rugby league and F1 season, when everything gets recorded (and normally watched/deleted within a day or so of live transmission).

Some time back, I had a faulty HDD in my downstairs TiVo box. Good old engineer came out, said "yes, it's broken" (or similar words that implied it was broken Smiley Wink ) and proceeded to replace the box. After trying two boxes, which wouldn't connect/activate, the third one finally worked. When the Australian F1 had been recorded over the last weekend, I was surprised by the remaining space.

Upon investigation, it turns out that the downstairs TiVo has been replaced with a 500 and not a 1000 as per the original that was there previously (60hrs of HD space available as opposed to the 121hrs showing on the upstairs TiVo).

I can only assume this was a genuine mistake by the engineer - he was having a rough time trying to get things working.

However - I am not impressed, particularly as I'm paying for it. Yes, you may say it's my fault for not checking - but I shouldn't have to check. If I pays my money for the larger TiVo, then I should get a larger TiVo as a direct replacement.

As it is, seeing as I'm on VIP with 200Mb internet, I want to change both TiVo's to TV6 anyway. Fed up with waiting for TiVo's to respond etc.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement TiVo Box not as per original

Hi scunni,

Thanks for posting!

Really sorry to hear the technician has left you the wrong TiVo®.

I can arrange to send you a TiVo®1TB to replace it if you like?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
scunni
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

As I'm looking to migrate both TiVo to V6's anyway, is it possible to arrange that instead? I believe the V6 is available on self-install now nationally?

It seems a bit pointless you sending one out for me to replace the downstairs TiVo, then me replacing both upstairs and downstairs with V6 boxes? Is there anything that can be done? If there's not, then yes, it would be good if it could be arranged for a 1TB to be sent to at least get me back to where I was.

Regards

Steve

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Be careful what you wish for. Tivo has some known speed issues, but there are a LOT of recent reports of v6 crashes and problems. It maybe safer to have one of each, initially

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve,

If you're looking to replace both boxes anyway the I would recommend speaking to our customer care team to see what kind of deals they have available at the moment. They can then organise a Quickstart delivery or manned install, depending on your preference. You can speak to the team by dialling 150 from a Virgin landline or 0345 454 1111. Alternatively our Webchat team can set up the deal for you.

If you speak to the team and decide to stick with the TiVo® then I can arrange for a replacement to be sent.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos