cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement TV box

adamdodds84
Joining in

I've just agreed to upgrade my package online but I was hoping to get a new TV box as I've had my TiVO box for over 9 years now. It regularly needs resetting as it freezes up and slows down when moving through menus and channels, as well as crashing when trying to play certain catch up channels.  It doesn't even have access to Amazon Prime as another downside to the newer models.

Is this something that can be arranged to be sent out as part of my upgrade?

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you ask the agent for a box-swap when you were negotiating your new package? And therefore make it part of the deal?

If not, then you should have done so. Call back and ask for an upgrade to a V6 (or conversion to 360) to be part of your new contract. Two things..

1: A V6 runs the same software as your TiVo, a 360 is very different. VM will likely try to persuade you to take a 360, only do so after research into it and in full knowledge that it is not TiVo. Opinions vary wildly, but only accept it on an informed basis.

2: Regardless of which box you take, V6 & 360 both need VM home broadband.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Japitts

I upgraded via the online service so did not get to speak directly to anyone. Needless to say the tivo box is on its last legs and needs replacing and the v6 box would be my preference. I've previously raised issues through the forum and had technicians arranged to visit so was hoping it may get picked up.

I've the full package, but noticed it said Tivo box included in the bundle.  Realising afterwards this is probably the one I already have. Hoping I can get some resolution via the forums as I don't like phone calls. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @adamdodds84 

You have 14 days to change your mind when you regrade, so have a chat with retentions (thinking of leaving us)

Tell them you've changed your mind and wannt to cancel the regrade unless they can perform a free box swap for the V6 box.

Replies from the following methods aren't instant, around 4 hours at times,  as telephone calls take priority dependent upon staffing availability and call queues, but you can try them if you don't want to be tied up on the phone

You can text VM on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp by logging into your online account via a mobile handset and there will be a link to speak to VM by Whats App. 

There's also a link on the following page contact-us/upgrades-and-offers/broadband-tv-phone 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@adamdodds84 wrote:

I've the full package, but noticed it said Tivo box included in the bundle.  Realising afterwards this is probably the one I already have. Hoping I can get some resolution via the forums as I don't like phone calls. 

What does "the full package" mean? If it means you have broadband, that's the important bit. Depending when you did this change, you may be able to follow the "ask nicely" route, otherwise you will need to call in and potentially use the 14day route as mentioned, to back-out of the new deal, onto your previous package - and renegotiate again, to include the swap.

Unfortunately for yourself, the forum staff have no remit with package change issues - you can either use the messaging (WhatsApp etc) platforms or call in.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi adamdodds84, 

Thanks for your post and it's great to hear that you have decided to upgrade your package with us. 

If the upgrade didn't include a new TV box then one wouldn't be sent automatically. 

We're not able to do package changes via the Community so unable to help on this occasion. You can speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 options 1, 4 then 1 again. 

You can also text us via Whatsapp on 0753 305 1809. Replies aren't instant and can take a few hours however it does allow you to go about your day whilst waiting for a reply.

Pop back and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks all for the support

Bit the bullet and phoned up to sort it all

Thanks for getting back to us adamdodds84

Do please keep us updated with the final outcome of the resolution.  

Regards

Lee_R