Menu
VikkiJ18
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Renting movies

I want to rent a movie but at only being given the option to buy and get a dvd for like £13 which I don’t want. Can I not rent a movie like you can on sky and if so how? My TiVo box just takes me to the virgin store where it only lets me buy a movie and DVD

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Renting movies

That's because the film is only for purchase currently.

Digital films have two times they go on sale - a purchase date and then a rental date.

The purchase date tends to be a few weeks a head of the physical DVD / Blu-Ray sale. The rental window aligns to the same day as when it's physically available.

So for instance, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is available to digitally buy now, but won't be available to rent until Monday - which is when it goes on physical sale.

This is the same across all content platforms including Sky.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
VikkiJ18
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. I was looking at the greatest showman that is already out and it’s only letting me buy it and not rent it. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ah yeah, that can also happen - where the initial rental window of Virgin Movies has finished, but it's still available to purchase via Virgin Media Store.

It could re-appear to rent from time to time for a theme promotion for instance, but I'd expect the next time it'll show up outside of the digital purchase is why (and if) it's on Sky Cinema.
0 Kudos
Shredder87
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So how do you browse films to rent then ?  It was so easy with sky, buy with V6 box I’m struggling to find anything ?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Shredder87 wrote:

So how do you browse films to rent then ?  It was so easy with sky, buy with V6 box I’m struggling to find anything ?

They're all in On Demand > Movies > Virgin Movies.

0 Kudos