Menu
drumsticks
Dialled in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Remote problem?

I now have two tivo boxes. Old one installed about 18 months ago in my daughters bedroom, new one connected to my TV in lounge. The new one was installed Thursday while I was at work. So wife was there while being done.

Came home from work late, only to find couldn't get it to work? Home page freezing, unable to access anything with remote?

Calling customer services yesterday, they insisted it was the remote at fault? And sending me another one. But it works with the old tivo box. Customer services could not answer why it worked with old box, but not with new? Not only that, the remote for old tivo also don't work with new tivo box. So I have two remotes that both work with old box, but not new box? New tivo box works only manually. 

However, with both remotes, the power and volume buttons work? (nothing else).

So are customer services right? Surely, if it works with old box, can't be faulty?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote problem?

Hello drumsticks

Thank you for your post on our community forums.

We're sorry to hear that you are having problems with your remote at the moment. 

When a customer calls for help with a service issue such as this our team will follow a diagnostic flow and ask a serious of questions and actions which are designed to establish the cause of the issue and most effective solution. 

Did our team ask you any questions or ask you to do anything with the equipment in order to find the main cause?

Many thanks. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
drumsticks
Dialled in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

More problems! Another remote arrived today and guess what? You got it. Didn't work! Got onto customer services where a lady went through the pairing process with it. All to no avail. Tried explaining  that there was problems when the tivo box was put in but was adamant another faulty remote. Cos when pushing the buttons it illuminated red at top. She said "try one more remote, and if that doesn't work we will look into it further". OMG, GONNA HAVE THREE REMOTES THAT DON'T WORK!! 

However, called back shortly after ending conversation re an email that was going to be sent on how to pair a remote, and this time spoke to a sensible lady who understood that the box could be the problem, as the power button and volume worked on the first remote. She said that two remotes not working is very unusual? Especially as the power button and volume worked on the first with the light illuminating green. So she arranged for an engineer to bring another box tomorrow. Watch this space for more news.

0 Kudos
drumsticks
Dialled in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well well, so its not the box Miss Customer Services Adviser? Tivo box taken cos defective. Yes, defective! Was given a new upgraded box that connects to the broadband. So looks like I'm gonna have three tivo remotes when the one ordered by the first CSA insisted the box was working OK.

If anyone from the Virgin team reads this, can you please thank the second lady I spoke to who got the engineer here to sort it. And have a word with the first lady about her arrogant attitude insisting the box was good! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi drumsticks

Thanks for the reply

We have taken your feedback on board and will feed this back. 

Kind regards 

Chris. 

0 Kudos
drumsticks
Dialled in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've sent a complaint via the Virginmedia complaints procedure. As soon as the engineer switched on the tivo, and tried using the remotes he knew straight away it was the box at fault. As I said to the first CSA I spoke to. Both work OK with the other tivo box I have. So how can they be not working properly?  

Happy days.......

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear you've raised a complaint regarding this. 

I'm confident our team will be back in touch soon to discuss this. 

Let us know if you need anything in the meantime. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
drumsticks
Dialled in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Having sent my complaint of CSA attitude on 15th February when first trying to sort this, NO REPLY AS YET? 

It says on the complaint form someone will get back to me within 7 days. Those days have now gone so when do VM propose to let me know the outcome?????

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi drumsticks,

Thanks for getting in touch with us about this. Very sorry to hear we haven't been in touch about this yet. As a complaint has been raised, the team will be in touch as soon as possible in line with our complaints code of practice found here   they will work with you towards a resolution.

However, in the meantime, if you would like an update on this, you can give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 option 1, option 1 then option 4 or give them a text on 07533051809 and they will be more than happy to investigate any open complaint on your account.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos