Joining in

My 90 year old dad needs an easy to use tv remote control 

do you have any for use with his service I think it’s tivo

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Fiona11 

VM do have an Accessibility Remote which your dad may find easier to use.

I'm not sure if it will be suitable but it's white with black buttons and is designed with partially sighted customers in mind. The buttons are different shapes to differentiate them and have a raised button on the number 5 to best locate the number buttons. 

There are also some changes that he can make to the screen itself to make it easier for them to navigate: If he has difficulty seeing the screen, both the V6 and TiVo has 'audio cues' which can help him find his way around the menus. These are sounds that show actions and reactions to button presses on the remote control.

There are five main audio cues:

• A tone that starts low and goes higher - this means you've moved forward into the next menu.
  • A tone that starts high and goes lower - this sounds means you pressed BACK or returned to the previous menu.
  • A single tone - this sound means you've pressed a button when moving around the TV guide.
  • A deep tone - you'll hear this sound when you've tried to carry out an action that isn't available.

There are details on <<< this page >>> 

A member of the forum team should pick this up in a day or two, and will be able to order the remote if you want.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Fiona11,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

It looks like @newapollo has offered some advice regarding providing a different remote for your father, but if you need further help or have any additional questions then please let us know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi how do I contact you privately to get this delivered to my dad?

Hi there Fiona11

I'd be happy to take a look into this with you via a PM, I'll pop one across now. Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you