Menu
Craigreilly
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Remote codes for jvc soundbar don’t work

I have a new jvc soundbar connected to my tv by optic cable. Virgin remote paired to tv ok. Jvc remote works the soundbar ok. None of jvc codes on virgin site are recognised as valid. The tv codes all are Rd ognisdx but don’t work to pair remote to soundbar. Help!!?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote codes for jvc soundbar don’t work

Hello Craigreilly,

Sorry to hear you have had this issue, just to confirm you are trying to pair the soundbar remote with the Virgin Media TV box?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Craigreilly
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes. Sony tv and TiVo connected by hdmi. Tv and jvc soundbar connected by optical cable. There is another output on TiVo I’m not using. 

The tv remote won’t work the soundbar. Jvc say it isn’t compatible. So I have to use virgin remote to work tv and the jvc remote to work volume. Ideally I’d love to connect virgin remote to

jvc soundbar or have ghd tv volume reflected in the jvc volume. Neither option seems to work?

thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Craigreilly, 

I do not think we can pair a sound bar remote to a TiVo box unfortunately. I will do some digging and see if it is something that we may be able to do in the future.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Craigreilly
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craigreilly,

Thank you for your patience whilst we looked in to this. 

Although we cannot guarantee the remote will be compatible with the sound bar it would be worth trying the following steps. 

Programming your remote using a code search

The simplest way to programme your Virgin TV V6 remote to work with your AV device is by searching for the correct code.

1. Make sure your AV device and your TiVo box are switched on
  2. Press and hold down Clear and Volume Down at the same time until the light on top of the remote flashes green twice
  3. Enter the code 1999 to access the AV device code database – the LED will flash green twice
  4. Point the remote at your AV device and press channel up repeatedly until a code mutes the volume for the device – the LED will flash green each time a code is sent
  5. When the volume turns off, press Mute to turn the volume back on
  6. Press Volume Up / Down and Mute to check that the remote is working with your device. If it doesn’t work, continue to search using Channel Up until the next code turns off the volume, and repeat steps and 6
  7. When the Volume and Mute keys work, press OK to store the code. The LED will then flash green twice

If you reach the end of the code database, the light on top of the remote will give an extended red flash and exit programming mode.

If you think you’ve missed the code, you can work backwards through the code database by pressing the channel down button at any time.

Lets us know how you get on Smiley Happy 

Thanks, 

Nat
0 Kudos