cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Control Broken

Drumbeat
Dialled in

Hi all,

My Tivo remote control no longer functions properly. The on/off/standby button on it is dead (I press it, no light activates and the Tivo box ignores the command). I tried to order a replacement online, but the Virgin page that handles replacement remotes is, like my remote control, broken. Is it possible to PM somebody here with my details for a replacement?

Thank you,

Doug.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hi Drumbeat,

Thanks for coming back to us. We will certainly help you get this new remote ordered. I am going to pop you over a private message and take some details from you.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Hi Drumbeat,

Just a quick message to say I have booked the new remote for you and this will arrive in the next 3-5 working days by Royal mail. In the meantime you can use our TV control app here, until your new remote arrives.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Great to hear Doug 🙂

I've sent this feedback to her as well 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

10 REPLIES 10

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM Forum staff work through posts and respond - you're looking at a 1-2 day delay currently.

I presume you've tried the webpage using alternative browsers and/or devices?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Japitts,
You presume correctly, because I have tried three different web browsers, yet end up at the same 'Oops, something's broken' unavailable Virgin webpage. A broken Virgin remote I can't report online due to a broken Virgin webpage.

Hi Drumbeat,

Thank you for reaching back out to us in our community and welcome back, I am sorry to hear you haven't been able to order a new remote control, I have tried to have a look into your account however I wasn't able to, locate it with the details we have for you.

If you still haven't been able to order a replacement I will be happy to help, I will send you a invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,
Thanks for your reply. I have not been able to order a replacement, so if you'd be kind enough to invite me for a private message, I'd be grateful.
Thanks again.

Doug.

Hi Drumbeat,

Thanks for coming back to us. We will certainly help you get this new remote ordered. I am going to pop you over a private message and take some details from you.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi,
Thank you for your help. I have replied to your private message.

Hi Drumbeat,

Just a quick message to say I have booked the new remote for you and this will arrive in the next 3-5 working days by Royal mail. In the meantime you can use our TV control app here, until your new remote arrives.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi,

Thank you so much for sorting out the replacement of the remote. It arrived this morning (and batteries included! Brilliant). Really appreciate your time and trouble.

Thanks again,

Doug.

Great to hear Doug 🙂

I've sent this feedback to her as well 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill