Menu
Cat81
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Red and blue light on TiVo box

My TiVo box has had a red and blue light for over two hours now. Does this mean it needs replacing?

I did the online run a test with no success so I  phoned virgin media an hour ago, the customer advisor I spoke to said she would call me back in 15-20 mins, I’m still waiting!! Appalling customer service! 

0 Kudos
moneill6720
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Red and blue light on TiVo box

Yes this tends to lead to the fault that the HDD (Hard Drive) inside the TIVO box has died, The hard drives inside these Tivos are known to die if left in a cold room or just flat out dies.

Have you tried to factory reset it and power cycle it (turn it off and on again a few times in a row)

If non of this works call them up and just ask for a V6 box and say its died 

Kind regards 

Max 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cat81, 

Thank you for getting in touch regarding the issue with your TiVo box. 

I see that you were awaiting a call back from a member of the team, did this go ahead on the day?

Thanks, 

Nat
0 Kudos
Cat81
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello, 

No this did not go ahead, I phoned back myself about 2hrs later and spoke to a different member of your team who was very helpful and booked an engineer. The issue has now been resolved and everything is working, it is however disappointing when you are assured a call back and it doesn’t happen.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the update Cat81. 

We are able to locate your account using your community details and this means we will be able to send feedback regarding the failed call back. 

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused by this as this is not the level of service we aim to deliver. 

Thanks, 

Nat
0 Kudos