cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Button not working

Rockridge189
Tuning in

We have sky sports via our tivo box but the red button service does not work. It just tries to load then a message service not available please try again later. 

I think it worked once a long time ago. Had a look on virgin media site there is no help on trying to get the red button service to work. Anyone know someone I can talk to regarding this fault.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have one of the older TiVO boxes:

Older TiVOOlder TiVO

These are being withdrawn from service, so the likelihood of this updated app working correctly are virtually non existent. If you have VM Broadband you could change to a V6, which is a far better piece of kit & most of these have no issues with Sky's updated app that drives the Red Button in the background.

Please excuse me if you already have a V6, but you have posted in the forum for customers with the older boxes, so i have to assume that is what you have.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have one of the older TiVO boxes:

Older TiVOOlder TiVO

These are being withdrawn from service, so the likelihood of this updated app working correctly are virtually non existent. If you have VM Broadband you could change to a V6, which is a far better piece of kit & most of these have no issues with Sky's updated app that drives the Red Button in the background.

Please excuse me if you already have a V6, but you have posted in the forum for customers with the older boxes, so i have to assume that is what you have.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi thanks for the reply yes i do have the older tivo box. Will virgin just send out a new V6 box or do I have to ask them for this.

Our tivo box is not very old it was changed recently because of another fault.

Will there be a charge for this as its not an upgrade its to repair a fault with the service?

Paul 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The older boxes are being retired now so you should be able to get it replaced FOC.

Be aware that CS agents will try to upsell V360 boxes. These work on the Horizon TV platform, which is totally different to TiVO. You do not have to accept this, as changing to V360 is currently voluntary & if you are happy with the TiVO operating system the V6 does exactly the same things except better.

Its the red button on Sky Sports which has the fault. It used to work.
Red button works on the BBC but I don't ever watch sport on the BBC because they show very little live sport.

Hi Rockridge189,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with the Red Button service.  Have you been experiencing issues with other services on your TV box, like with other apps such as Youtube?

How many times have you had issues with the Red Button recently?

Thank you

Beth

Red Button on sky sports does not work at all.

Don't use youtube

Thank you @Rockridge189  

Does the red button issue happen on any other channels or just Sky?