cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings pixelating and breaking up

Asil-s
On our wavelength

To whom it may concern 

I am having problems on and off with pixelating and tv stopping on recordings.

I've only had the box for a year and a half,  surely shouldn't be breaking yet. When I was with sky they lasted for many years.

It was particularly bad with fox last night. I've had to delete the programmes I'd recorded as they had become unwatchable.  

I think live TV is OK. Not noticed a major problem there. Occasionally it does something weird.

I've been looking on forum to see if I could sort myself and I've restarted box several times, checked cables, deleted films I'd saved and down to 25%, permanently deleted old stuff etc and helped for a couple of weeks and have continued to do that but got worse again.

Where I live, your box on the road is broken and the casing is open and wires are often sticking out. God knows why you don't have one that people can't open and break stuff and the bad weather must get in to it too. Cant help matters.

Its an old tivo box as I don't have Internet with you so was unable to have the 360.

I don't really want a new box as setting up this one caused major problems for the guy that did it but at the same time I would like tv I can watch. I just thought it would last longer than a year and a half.

Please can you help? I like many others pay alot for a service that is not at its best. I could also do with a new remote control. 

Thanks and I wait to hear from you.

Regards

[REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In no particular order..

The requirement for VM broadband applies to the V6 (same software as TiVo but on a much newer box) equally as the 360 (different software), but faults on your TiVo are covered regardless.

It sounds like your box's hard drive may be unwell which is a replacement scenario - but you can check. You've mentioned live TV is ok, try pausing it for a short time and watch the programme delayed. This also uses the hard drive, and is a good test.

As for the open street cabinet, you can report this online at https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/How-do-I-report-an-open-or-damanged... or call 0330 333 0444

You can order a replacement remote online at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote/download-tv-control-app 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The 2 common causes of this would be signal issues & hard drive problems. Signal issues would affect live TV and the resultant recordings, hard drive problems would affect all recorded (including delayed) content.

If you'd rather not call, Virgin staff will respond on here - but it's not real-time and may take a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In no particular order..

The requirement for VM broadband applies to the V6 (same software as TiVo but on a much newer box) equally as the 360 (different software), but faults on your TiVo are covered regardless.

It sounds like your box's hard drive may be unwell which is a replacement scenario - but you can check. You've mentioned live TV is ok, try pausing it for a short time and watch the programme delayed. This also uses the hard drive, and is a good test.

As for the open street cabinet, you can report this online at https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/How-do-I-report-an-open-or-damanged... or call 0330 333 0444

You can order a replacement remote online at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote/download-tv-control-app 

Asil-s
On our wavelength

Thank you for your help.

I've dealt with remote and reporting damaged box.

I'm trying to avoid ringing up as such a pain re box problem. I've tried pausing live TV and I think that is OK.

Where do I go from here if I need someone out to check it without phoning up?

Thanks

Lisa

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The 2 common causes of this would be signal issues & hard drive problems. Signal issues would affect live TV and the resultant recordings, hard drive problems would affect all recorded (including delayed) content.

If you'd rather not call, Virgin staff will respond on here - but it's not real-time and may take a couple of days.

Sorry to hear that you have been having pixelation issues, Asil-s. I'll send you a private message to confirm your account details.

Cheers,

Corey C

Corey_C

Thanks for your messages and clearing data protection, Asil-s,

I have set up an engineer’s visit for you which you will be able to view from your online account here.

Cheers,

Corey C

Asil-s
On our wavelength

I can't find when it is. It may not be convenient as you didn't ask first.

Thanks for your reply, Asil-s, we don't typically ask, we will always book the first available date, however if the date is not OK for you then you can change the date/time using the link provided. If the link isn't working for you then I'll be happy to PM you the details. 

Asil-s
On our wavelength

hey

Sorry found info in the end and a text came through. 

Thats fine.

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Lisa

You're welcome, Lisa.  Happy to help.

Cheers,

Corey C