cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings are pixelated or freezing, this is also happening when I pause and then continue to watch

Stracey
Tuning in

Recently my programmes are pixelating and freezing when I try snd watch from recordings, also if I pause and then unpause  the same problem occurs 

9 REPLIES 9

Stracey
Tuning in

Hi 

please can someone arrange for an engineer to fix my problem, from other posts I can see I have a hard drive problem resulting in pixelating and freezing when I pause then I pause ir try and watch recordings

i have been on hold to someone at Virgin for about 20 minutes already snd I have told them what the issue is and that it’s been identified as a hard drive problem on here 

please help 

Hi 

please can someone arrange for an engineer to fix my problem, from other posts I can see I have a hard drive problem resulting in pixelating and freezing when I pause then unpause and try and watch recordings

i have been on hold to someone at Virgin for about 20 minutes already and I have told them what the issue is and that it’s been identified as a hard drive problem on here 

please help 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please only post once about a particular problem, multiple posts can cause confused replies.. I've merged them tovether for you.

@Stracey wrote:

i have been on hold to someone at Virgin for about 20 minutes already snd I have told them what the issue is and that it’s been identified as a hard drive problem on here 

What did the faults agent you spoke to, advise you in response?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Stracey,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having pixilation issues with your recordings. We can understand the frustration this may have caused and we want to best help. I have been able to access your account using forum details and I can se you recently spoke to our team regarding this. Was the issue fully resolved with our team? Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The call abruptly cut off after 30 minutes, unfortunately 

After calling back again I asked if an engineer could come out and have a look, they are coming tomorrow eve so hopefully they will rectify the problem 

Hi Stracey

Thanks for posting and apologies for the TV issues. I can see the engineer visit was cancelled by yourself - has everything managed to fix itself?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi

i tried some things suggested by others, so I cancelled all my wish lists, went through series link recordings and cleared the majority, turned off the TiVo box and power at the wall for about 3 mins and then let it boot up again.   The problem doesn’t seem to be happening now, so whether it’s a temporary fix or permanent fix I’m not sure but for now it’s fine. 
thanks  

Thanks for the update @Stracey,

We're pleased to hear that the diagnostics you've been able to pick up from our Community Forums have assisted you with finding the appropriate fix.

Do please come back to us if you have any further issues and we'll be happy to help where possible

Kindest regards,

David_Bn