cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording cut short

T1mE111s
Joining in

Two major Sky Sports events recorded, finished minutes before end.

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did the live event overrun its schedule slot? Does the length of the recording match the timeslot shown on the EPG? And is the length of the recording what you'd expect?

Press "play" during the programme to bring up the status bar - does the red completely fill the length of the bar? If so, the recording is complete to its scheduled length.

Most live programmes in the EPG prompt you for extending the length of the recording, to allow for this scenario.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your reply.

Previously with Sky I never had this problem. Does the Virgin program finish at the scheduled time and not automatically continue to the end of live coverage?  I have only managed to set the +15 minute option.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The duration of the recording will be for the length of the programme in the EPG, unless you accepted the prompt when setting the recording that's along the lines of "this programme is live and may run on - do you want to extend?" There are options for 15, 30, 60 or 90 minutes from memory.

If the programme runs beyond the scheduled time and you said no to extending, you do run the risk of missing the end.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks