cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording Hiccups not working

rockpiler
Up to speed

Hi - Last week I set up Death In Paradise to record for Wednesday evening on BBC1 at 9pm.  It was in my list of recorded programmes but when I came to watch it all that was there was sport.  Surely if the programme did not air it should not have listed it in the recorded programmes and listed it in recording hiccups.  This did not happen. 

3 REPLIES 3

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the guide wasn't updated the box wouldn't know, the guide is updated every few hours, but it is hit and miss if your box gets it in time, also the BBC tend to make last minute changes and that doesn't help 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If I understand your query correctly...

The programme recorded, but was something else? That's a schedule change, entirely unnecessary but that's another point.

The "recording hiccups" is for when a planned recording isn't made for whatever reason, and the folder shows you the reason. What you have here, is that the recording was made according to the schedule, but the broadcaster didn't show the correct programme.

As a workaround, you should be able to "watch from catchup" from the reverse EPG, or maybe even "search & explore" for upcoming episodes when - I dare say - it'll be shown again.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks everyone for your help with this matter