cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recorded programmes picture and sound freezing and breaking up on playing

CurlyWurly2
Joining in

A few months ago my Tivo box occassionally froze while playing recorded programmes.

The situation has now got so bad that every time I record something the programme will freeze at various points when being replayed. The playback occassionally freezes some badly that I have to completely power down the box and restart then attempt to replay beyond the problem point.

This issue is only with recordings. Live TV has no issues.

I've reset the box, deleted and permanently deleted recordings which only seems to make the situation worse.

I believe (from reading some of the posts with a similar issue) that my disk is falling apart.

Another issue I have will be if the disc/box is to be replaced I have a lot of recordings still to watch and want to keep. Is this possible?

16 REPLIES 16

Nothing in My Virgin Media.

Have you been able to view the appointment via the app or your online account since your post CurlyWurly2? It is usually found under the menu tab and My Appointments once signed in.

Rob

I do not use App but no appointments found when logging into my  account.

Hi @CurlyWurly2

Sorry for the confusion.

I'll come back to you via PM

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for joining me on PM @CurlyWurly2

Just to update the thread, there was a provisioning issue. This was resolved by a hit sending to the box and a reboot. 

The OP is going to monitor the service and let me know 🙂

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Issue not resolved. Of the 2 films I have replayed from recordings over the Christmas period I managed to loose 2 minutes of the first and almost 5 minutes of the second.

Hi @CurlyWurly2, Sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues with recordings on your TIVO. Following the previous fixes we have tried, it would be best if we send you a technician to check it out and replace the box if required. I have booked the first available appointment for you. You will be able to see the information of the appointment, and manage it via your My Virgin Media account. (It may take 24 hours to appear, so please get in touch to let us know if it has not appeared on the account by around 1pm tomorrow - 31st December). 

If the issue for the technicians appointment is as a result of misuse, neglect, accidental or willful damage, or if the technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your personal equipment, you will be charged £25.
If the appointment is missed there is a £25 charge for a missed appointment.

Let us know how you get on and if you require any further support! All the best, Molly. 

Molly