Menu
jmac862
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Recorded programmes freeze

Hi

I've called CS repeatedly about my Tivo box freezing during playback of locally recorded programmes. They are insistant that sorting a current area problem will fix this. The area (22) problems are with YouTube and BBC2 AD channel neither of which I record. I feel pretty sure this behaviour is to avoid or postpone having to deal with my duff Tivo box because they are busy and 'waiting jobs' are not good for their monthly stats.

Is it feasible that a current incoming data problem could cause a hard drive programme stored weeks ago to be corrupted and freeze during playback or is more likely a failing HDD with duff sectors?

Yours frustratedly Man Frustrated

John

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recorded programmes freeze

Problems with recordings that are not present on Live TV are almost certainly caused by a failing hard disk.

Call and insist on an engineer visit and hope you get a free upgrade to V6 when the engineer calls.

Take the ‘thinking of leaving’ options through the phone system to get to UK staff and explain your situation and lack of empathetic support you’ve had.

0 Kudos
qwakuk
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I got a free replacement / swap for a V6 within the last month, the tech reckoned he confirm from his end that the HDD was failing.
jmac862
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The two area problems are due to be fixed by 13.15 tomorrow. I'll check my Tivo after that and ring them again.

It is just so frustrating with their transparent attempts at fobbing me off with these fairy tales... I was an electronics technician before I retired but I wouldn't have tried such a blatant ruse on one of my clients.

John

0 Kudos