cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reboot

john113
Dialled in

Its annoying but periodically the tivo decides to reboot during viewing time, tonight it was 9.15, is there any way to reprogram this so it is done overnight, occasionally the tivo also slows up when searching channels and I have to do a reset, any suggestions

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Planned software drops are done overnight for precisely this reason.

If your box is regularly rebooting during "daytime" hours, it potentially has a fault. How often is it rebooting?

You'll likely end up reporting it - either by calling in, or waiting on here for staff to respond. That may take a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Planned software drops are done overnight for precisely this reason.

If your box is regularly rebooting during "daytime" hours, it potentially has a fault. How often is it rebooting?

You'll likely end up reporting it - either by calling in, or waiting on here for staff to respond. That may take a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

At present it is about 3 to 4 week intervals, hope there nothing drastic amiss, I have many films to watch on the Tivo that I dont want to lose

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It might be wise to start watching those films "incase".

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi john113,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Disappointing to hear that you're having interrupted viewing services of an early evening on a regular basis.

We can understand the annoyance this will cause especially when watching a movie. As you have stated this is happening 3-4 times a week, we will need to do some further checks for you.

When the reboot happens, do you have any error messages appear, or does the box just reboot and show the starting up sign?

Have you noticed that your light on the front of your box has changed to a different colour?

As this is happening on a regular basis it might be the hard drive in the box that has an issue.

Please can you let me know of the above, and we will investigate this further for you.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Its happening more often now so I have contacted Virgin and they are sending a replacement Tivo, slightly miffed to be losing my films, you would imagine there would be a simple way to transfer them from one box to another, but never mind

New Tivo arrived and now installed, no info on what happens with the faulty unit though, is it collected or what ?

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @john113

Thanks for the update, I'm glad to hear your new TiVo box is installaed now. With your old faulty box, you can dispose of the box / recycle it. For more details, please visit https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment

Kind regards,

Serena