Menu
mandychoir
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re tivo upgrade

I have a Tivo box and a V6 installed in my home. I would like to upgrade the old Tivo box to a newer V6. They have quoted me in excess of £100. Surely that can't be right?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Re tivo upgrade

It is currently £99 + £20 activation.  They do have "promotions" from time to time offering free upgrades (last one ended in April I believe) so you could just wait and look out for one of those - but no guarantees of when of course.   If you are a long term customer and out of contract you are due a loyal customer discount - so try calling  150 or 0345 454 1111 options 1-1-4-5 "thinking of leaving"  (They are open Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and on Saturday from 8am - 6pm. - 08.01 is best!) you usually get a UK call centre (it might still be a 30’+ wait though)  Tell them you are thinking of leaving for Sky/BT because you can get 2 sky boxes for £x/month (find out what it really is before calling) and they will negotiate a new package deal for you with a second V6 and possibly reduce/waive new box charges.  See what they can offer, if isn't good, call back next day at a different time and another agent could offer you a better deal.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
mandychoir
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Re tivo upgrade

Thank you very much. Your reply and advice are very helpful.

Appreciate it.

0 Kudos