cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: picture breakup

bigkev3579
On our wavelength

I've just recently started getting this problem on the old TiVo box upstairs. It's starting to really peev me off

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please start your own thread rather than adding to someone elses!! I've done it for you 😉

If you have multiple boxes in your home and only one is affected, try swapping them round and see whether the fault follows the box or remains with the location.

That way, when you report the problem to VM, you'll know whether it's the box at fault (which can be replaced) or if you have a problem with your internal cabling.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you, I will get in touch with virgin on my days off. Do they still swap out old TiVo for old TiVo if it is that that is dead or is it now V6?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the fault does follow your box, there's certainly no harm asking for a V6 swapout and I would if I were in your position.

You can only expect a like-for-like swap but play the "smile sweetly" card and you never know...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @bigkev3579,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some ongoing issues with your TV image breaking up. I can understand that this is not ideal.

Have you taken a look at our TV Faults page to see if this can help resolve your issue at all?

Have you been in touch with the team at all? Do you still require some assistance with this issue? Please let us know.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Quick update, I tried swapping boxes, picture was fine so no problems with cables. I phoned virgin, went through the lengthy process of rebooting, check TV output....I even asked could they not just reactivate my old TiVo which I got deactivated during last contract renewal and deactivated the shot one. All seemed to be going well then hey presto he cut me off... 30 minutes wasted. Still got a crap box that doesn't work properly. And at some point I'm going to have to go through that all over again just to get someone to come out to swap a box.. not a happy bunny.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
@bigkev3579 wrote:

Quick update, I tried swapping boxes, picture was fine so no problems with cables.

Can you clarify what you mean by "tried swapping boxes, picture was fine".

Let's say box 1 in room 1 has problems, and box 2 in room 2 is fine.

You put box 1 in room 2, what happened?

You put box 2 in room 1, what happened?

The answers to these 2 questions will help the staff team understand where the fault lies.

I'm not particularly surprised that VM wouldn't reactivate an old box, they'd more likely want to supply one from fault-replacement stock. Having said that, if you wait around here for a couple of days, VM staff should pick this thread up if it saves you calling in.

The box in my bedroom is the one with problems. I've brought both living room and back room boxes upstairs to see see if it was a problem with the cable. They worked perfectly in the bedroom. So no problems with the wiring. The bedroom box is goosed. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @bigkev3579,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing TV issues. We would be more than happy to look into this further for you.

I'm sorry to hear that your call was disconnected, I can assure you that this was not intentional. Apologies that this happened. In order to look into this further, we would need to identify which TV box you're having issues with. In order to do this, I will need to confirm some details over Private Message.

Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs