Menu
tablfc
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re-locating Equipment

Hi All

Just after some general advice, i have a new extension of which i would like my Tivo and broadband hub moved into, but its not straightforward i have called Virgin several times to ask for a call out to see if this is possible before i book and pay for the equipment to be moved but the call centre just don't understand what i am asking, the last time i spoke to an engineer he advised that there would be no charge to come and access if the vote was possible but the call centre are advising it would cost £199 for a visit, regarding whether the equipment can be moved or not.

I have also been into my local Virgin Media store and the advice there was just flag an engineer down and ask him to come and take a look, seems odd as its not easy nor safe to flag an engineer down.

Question is- is this right to charge so much?

I only want advice, as its not an easy move and there are unused virgin cables in my loft which i am unsure are working, new or old as this could possibly solve my move but need someone to advice me?

Any advice is greatly appreciated as get no where speaking to customer services

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Re-locating Equipment

Its £99 to move the equipment but obviously if the technician couldn't do it you would not pay.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Re-locating Equipment

Hi any non fault issue there will be a charge off £99. If the loft cables are not live he should install new ones.Regards Micky
0 Kudos